reguest: full load and unload

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

zggz
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

reguest: full load and unload

Post by zggz »

Thank you for mod. It's great!

I need to remove 120s timer in schedule on reguester and provider station. Is it possible?

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: reguest: full load and unload

Post by Optera »

LTN's goal is to maximize train utilization. A train parked at a station is a train not running deliveries.
I suggest you rework your station designs according to this principle if you want to get most out of LTN.

The 120 second stop time out is a fail safe against stuck trains. 2 minutes seem very conservative considering my station designs load/unload trains in under 5 seconds.
If for whatever reason you want an inefficient system you can disable stop timeout by setting it to 0 and increase delivery timeout to up to 216000 ticks = 1 hour.

zggz
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by zggz »

I have problems only with liquid stations. When 5 cargo unloading somethimes it need more time for floating liquid from tanks.

May be someone have design to decide this problem?

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

For mass fluid loading I use a single pump directly between tank wagon and buffer tank and constantly pump from those into the real storage. Tank wagons and storage tanks have no throughput limit so pumps will use their full speed. A single piece of pipe would lower loading speed to a fraction of what's possible like this.
I'm using my larger storage tanks but the principle will work also with vanilla tanks.
2017-12-10-20-08-58-5816776.jpg
2017-12-10-20-08-58-5816776.jpg (641.02 KiB) Viewed 2373 times
Side note: To avoid contamination I'm using Inventory Sensor instead of stop train contents readout since it has an annoying rounding error.

zggz
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by zggz »

Thank you for mod and for help. :)

zggz
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by zggz »

"If for whatever reason you want an inefficient system you can disable stop timeout by setting it to 0 and increase delivery timeout to up to 216000 ticks = 1 hour."

Pls help me to make it :roll:

Return to “Logistic Train Network”