Automatic Coupler Mod compatibility

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

ChurchOrganist
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Automatic Coupler Mod compatibility

Post by ChurchOrganist »

Has anyone tried this mod out with Automatic Coupler?

I'm about to start a new map on my server featuring this mod along with several other rail mods, including Automatic Coupler.

It has occurred to me that the two may well not be compatible as Automatic Coupler removes locomotives from a train and then re-attaches them at the other end.

Any comments??
Want to know where the biters chewing your power plant have come from??
Wondering where your next iron is going to come from??
You need Long Range Radar

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Automatic Coupler Mod compatibility

Post by Optera »

I don't see how Automatic Coupler and LTN could be combined in a meaningful way.
From what I've gathered automatic coupler requires fine tuned train schedules for automatic switching.
LTN automatically assigns basic 3 stop schedules and expects trains to wait fully assembled in designated depots.

Technically they shouldn't conflict.
Currently LTN will mostly ignore coupling and decoupling of trains as it uses the main locomotives unit_number to identify trains. It is even possible to add or remove wagons or secondary locomotives from trains currently assigned a delivery.

The version for Factorio 0.16 I'm currently working on however will use train.id to better keep track of trains entering and leaving stations. While this version will eliminate some overhead from on_train_state_changed for my sanity's sake I will probably just invalidate a delivery if the corresponding trains composition is changed.

ChurchOrganist
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Automatic Coupler Mod compatibility

Post by ChurchOrganist »

As I thought - better to leave Automatic Coupler for another playthrough then I think.

Thanks for your input.

Oh - and awesome mod :)
Want to know where the biters chewing your power plant have come from??
Wondering where your next iron is going to come from??
You need Long Range Radar

Return to “Logistic Train Network”