How are depots/trains choosen?

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

Ringkeeper
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

How are depots/trains choosen?

Post by Ringkeeper »

I started now using LTN. Took me more time to understand how it works then i thought. Still don't know exactly how to connect stuff and calculate loco/car position, but thanks god there are blueprints :D

As i play on a map with RSO/Railworld my tracks to ore fields get long, like 5-10min long for a L-CCCC . Could shorten that a bit with L-CCCC-L but would be still long.
Now i had the idea to build a collector station closer where the ore could be picked up by this small trains and longer trains would bring the ore to the collector station from further out.
Unfortunally there are also smaller patches where a 8+ train would be waste, so there would be smaller trains used.

My problem and question would be now: how do i prevent that a small train goes all the way out there to pick up stuff on one of the small patches and not at the collector station without disconnecting the 2 networks (as i still need supplies out there) ? Or does LTN choose automatically the closest train?

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: How are depots/trains choosen?

Post by Optera »

All of your questions have been answered in Description & Information or Stations & other LTN based designs.

Return to “Logistic Train Network”