Only small deliveries of 1000..2000 every time

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

tpreissler
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Only small deliveries of 1000..2000 every time

Post by tpreissler »

Hi,

I have LTN all setup and running just fine. I noticed though now one thing:

My main storage area as a requester (hooked up to the LN with your Logistic Network to LTN stop filter and is requesting
-100k for each steel, plastics, iron and copper plates. This Requester Threshold is intentionally set to a Request Threshold of 40k.

As soon Copper/Iron/Plastics drops below 100k a L-4C-L (via min/max trainlength) is sent off to pick up, let's say 1009 plastics. 1009? And there is actually 99k in storage, with a Request Threshold of 40k (that's why I set it so high, as I wanted only full train loads).
Also, the Request Station have a Provide Threshold of 1000000 and the Provide Station a Provide Threshold of 5k (or 4k, I believe). Locked slots is set on the Provider to 2.
Also, I am not mixing resources. And the Plastic/Copper Providers have plenty of resources. The signals on the pole at the Requester show a resource demand of -1200 for example.

I used the LTN Blueprints, but as I was upgrading my stations, I needed to remove the chests from the blueprint and removed the existing inserters from my map. I rewired it all - and it's basically working.

I love the idea that it's only going off when resources drop below a certain point, but I dislike the idea of carrying only about 1000 items.
But what am I missing? It looks like my Request Threshold is ignored or do I understand it wrong?

What am I getting

tpreissler
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Only small deliveries of 1000..2000 every time

Post by tpreissler »

Hi,

it seems I have hit a problem with connecting LTN to LN to query stock.
1000... seems to be very much like some default value somewhere.

There are too many signals on my network, so I tried the Virtual Signals mod and hooked it up to the power pole near my LTN station querying the roboport.
It appears that the signals I am setting are all lost. I set train length for example to 6, but trains with 4 are stopping.

Virtual Signals, though it's buggy (Factorio crashes when re-placing it again), also doesn't show me any of the copper, plastic, steel or iron or any other green signals I should be seeing as part of LTN.
I also noticed that my Ore station are always sending the "right" amount, 3900 and those trains are just 4 long, which is ok.

So something has gone wrong when placing the RoboPort BP. It was originally an LTN station, then I placed the RoboPort BP over it - as it has a rail on the left to line it up nicely.
I guess some wires are missing in my setup. It's hard to see what is connected to what unfortunately.

Will do some troubleshooting later.

Cheers

tpreissler
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by tpreissler »

Hi again,

I think I found my problem now.

I replaced me RoboPort with a Constant Combinator simulating the LN from a signal point of view - just to see the signals generated and make debugging easier.

I was missing the "default" LTN combinator where you usually put requests and also the LTN specific parameters like train length, # trains asf.
After adding this CC and hooking it up to green, but still specifying the requested amount in the "RoboPort" CC I can see the right signals coming out.

Cheers

Thomas

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

Like you guessed, that's not a bug with LTN, your combinator logic is simply messed up.

To isolate a signal from a list too long to display even all inputs I use an arithmetic combinator set to signal+0=signal and read the output from either another connected combinator or a pole.
If you used my blueprints the fastest way probably is to deconstruct all combinators and stamp them over it again from the blueprint.

Edit:
The stop is just to indicate the output. I probably should remove it and indicate the output just through the pole.

Return to “Logistic Train Network”