Is there a way to limit which trains go to which depot?

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

enderland
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Is there a way to limit which trains go to which depot?

Post by enderland »

minimum train length (optional) - Requester & Provider - minimum length of locos + wagon allowed in this station (default=0 no limit)
This value applies for the requester/provider stations, but is it possible to use it for a depot as well?

I would like to have separate depots for different length trains, but it seems even if this value is set for a depot that trains still park there that are below the length.

Is there a way to effectively get this length restriction on depots as well? I would prefer to limit the number of 20 wagon long depots I make but right now my trains seem to randomly pick one.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Is there a way to limit which trains go to which depot?

Post by Optera »

Trains are bound to depot names. This allows multiple depots with the same length without trains queuing up at one while another is empty.
Also Depots ignore all control signals except "Stop is Depot".

enderland
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by enderland »

Optera wrote:Trains are bound to depot names. This allows multiple depots with the same length without trains queuing up at one while another is empty.
Also Depots ignore all control signals except "Stop is Depot".
Ah, so could I do something like naming the depots "depot-short" and "depot-long" and assigning respective trains to each as their depot?

Xtrafresh
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Xtrafresh »

yup! I'm running a Fluid depot, an Oretrain depot, a plate hauler depot and a small delivery service depot all right next to eachother. Just give them different names, and they work fine. you can even have all the trains go through the same stacker to get there, no problem. Also, You can have multiple depots of the same name. Using two depots in parallel can greatly improve throughput on the heavy stuff.

enderland
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by enderland »

Xtrafresh wrote:yup! I'm running a Fluid depot, an Oretrain depot, a plate hauler depot and a small delivery service depot all right next to eachother. Just give them different names, and they work fine. you can even have all the trains go through the same stacker to get there, no problem. Also, You can have multiple depots of the same name. Using two depots in parallel can greatly improve throughput on the heavy stuff.
Sweet.

I've a bunch of regular depots for my smaller trains but recently started adding in long trains. It's also annoying when I realize that while I specified a minimum threshold on all my other stations I forgot maximum - fun to see that 16 wagon long train try to go through stops designed for much smaller trains... XD

Xtrafresh
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Xtrafresh »

enderland wrote:
Xtrafresh wrote:yup! I'm running a Fluid depot, an Oretrain depot, a plate hauler depot and a small delivery service depot all right next to eachother. Just give them different names, and they work fine. you can even have all the trains go through the same stacker to get there, no problem. Also, You can have multiple depots of the same name. Using two depots in parallel can greatly improve throughput on the heavy stuff.
Sweet.

I've a bunch of regular depots for my smaller trains but recently started adding in long trains. It's also annoying when I realize that while I specified a minimum threshold on all my other stations I forgot maximum - fun to see that 16 wagon long train try to go through stops designed for much smaller trains... XD
Kinda like this?

Lemlin
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Lemlin »

Does this (still) work?
Can I do specific depots for specific train compositions by simply giving the depots different names?

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

Slimey wrote:Does this (still) work?
Can I do specific depots for specific train compositions by simply giving the depots different names?
Yes, it works that way. Changes to this system are very unlikely.

Rockstar04
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Rockstar04 »

I just dug through the control.lua on Github to see if min/max length could be added to depots, but this solves my problem exactly. Could a note (or a bigger one if I missed it) be added to the Description & Information post?

knightofrust
Inserter
Inserter

Post by knightofrust »

Well, I may be a little late there, but can't we use locomotive color to filter which trains go to which stations?
For pros it can have much more possible separate networks than currently possible, and the value is read-write, so you can in theory automatically transfer trains between networks.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

knightofrust wrote:Well, I may be a little late there, but can't we use locomotive color to filter which trains go to which stations?
For pros it can have much more possible separate networks than currently possible, and the value is read-write, so you can in theory automatically transfer trains between networks.
The name is used for that but feel free to color your depo stops and trains to match.

Return to “Logistic Train Network”