reddit bug report/help request about LTN fluids

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

Patashu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

reddit bug report/help request about LTN fluids

Post by Patashu »

https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comme ... d/dkmrh6p/
My normal trains are working fine with LTN, but I'm having a hell of a time with fluid wagons. For some reason my trains with acid in them are leaving before unloading the acid, then they go back to depot and get an oil order while still having acid. Next thing I know it unloads acid at my oil drop off eventually and causes a bottleneck there where no oil can be delivered until I clear the pipes of the acid.
It's driving me batty trying to figure out how to get them to clear their inventories in case something gets hosed up. I set up some pump stations to flare stack burners at the depot to offload the liquids, but over time that ends up getting mixed with oil and acid fluid, so it won't send it to the burners since you can't mix fluids. So the pipes back up while I'm doing other stuff and the next train that comes in with fluid can't dump it all, so it just moves on to its next orders which clogg up oil unload or acid unload again. So far that's been the most frustrating thing with LTN for me and I'm about to stop using it all together as a result.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: reddit bug report/help request about LTN fluids

Post by Optera »

Patashu wrote:https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comme ... d/dkmrh6p/
My normal trains are working fine with LTN, but I'm having a hell of a time with fluid wagons. For some reason my trains with acid in them are leaving before unloading the acid, then they go back to depot and get an oil order while still having acid. Next thing I know it unloads acid at my oil drop off eventually and causes a bottleneck there where no oil can be delivered until I clear the pipes of the acid.
It's driving me batty trying to figure out how to get them to clear their inventories in case something gets hosed up. I set up some pump stations to flare stack burners at the depot to offload the liquids, but over time that ends up getting mixed with oil and acid fluid, so it won't send it to the burners since you can't mix fluids. So the pipes back up while I'm doing other stuff and the next train that comes in with fluid can't dump it all, so it just moves on to its next orders which clogg up oil unload or acid unload again. So far that's been the most frustrating thing with LTN for me and I'm about to stop using it all together as a result.
See Known Issues:
controlling pumps with circuit network for unloading will make them stop early
Support stop output should round up fluids
Meanwhile don't use circuit control on pumps for unloading or Inventory Sensor if you need rounded up fluid content.
You can help solve this bug by posting in the thread i started about this issue to make the devs realize being unable to discern beteen 0 and 0.01 on the circuit network renders the whole circuit network unusable for controlling fluids.

If you already have different fluids stuck in plumbing this design by Dave might help. Never had to use it myself.

Patashu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Patashu »

Thx, I forwarded your response to them

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Set your pumps to item >= 0 instead of >0 and activate finish loading.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

steinio wrote:
Setting pumps to >= 0 simply means always on, you could just as well let them run without circuit connection.
You can't fix a bug that stems from rounding float to int by changing a condition after rounding. Circuit network will report 0.4 as 0 due to mathematical rounding instead of logical rounding that'd allow us to discern truly empty from trace amounts blocking a tank/wagon.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Optera wrote:
steinio wrote:
Setting pumps to >= 0 simply means always on, you could just as well let them run without circuit connection.
You can't fix a bug that stems from rounding float to int by changing a condition after rounding. Circuit network will report 0.4 as 0 due to mathematical rounding instead of logical rounding that'd allow us to discern truly empty from trace amounts blocking a tank/wagon.
Hell yes i'm standing at your side in this battle but we need to play on until some decision is made.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Return to “Logistic Train Network”