old LTN discussion thread

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

PirateAE
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [Mod 0.14/0.15] Logistic Train Network 1.2.8

Post by PirateAE »

Optera wrote:
PirateAE wrote:both aren't; http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =931799400 Screenshot there shows the receiving end, no ignore, mod settings use best effort is unchecked

Config.lua
config.lua is only used for update interval. LTN's mod settings are under options-mods-map
Also use spoiler= instead of spoiler for dropdown.
screenshot for those setting in game for you

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =931962847

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

PirateAE wrote:
Optera wrote:
PirateAE wrote:both aren't; http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =931799400 Screenshot there shows the receiving end, no ignore, mod settings use best effort is unchecked

Config.lua
config.lua is only used for update interval. LTN's mod settings are under options-mods-map

Let it run for a few minutes with log level 4 and send me your logfile.

PirateAE
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by PirateAE »

Optera wrote:
PirateAE wrote:
Optera wrote:

Config.lua

Let it run for a few minutes with log level 4 and send me your logfile.
https://pastebin.com/auergvg4

Had to cut it a chunk but i got you all i could get for LTN related stuff (darn free limits)

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

Ah now I see the configuration error.
Min delivery size must be positive. Setting negative numbers for min delivery size effectively makes any value trigger a delivery.

PirateAE
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by PirateAE »

Optera wrote:Ah now I see the configuration error.
Min delivery size must be positive. Setting negative numbers for min delivery size effectively makes any value trigger a delivery.
Always something easy isn't? thanks fixed and seems to be working properly now, thanks again

ParkerSelfridge
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [Mod 0.14/0.15] Logistic Train Network 1.2.7

Post by ParkerSelfridge »

ParkerSelfridge wrote:Hello,

wonderful mod. But I have a question. In version 1.2.7 the requester station dosen't send the loading/unloading list.

Normal or bug?
Excuse me, that was my fault.

I noticed the problem on the demo map, but in my save everything works fine. Now I know the Factorio Mod Settings in the Options menu. After 900 hours playing time. :roll:

Kormer
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Kormer »

I'm having a problem with fluid wagons where they will leave an unloading station with a tiny fraction of fluid still remaining in them. More issue can be found at the bug report link below, but it looks like the solution is to use the empty condition rather than fluid == 0.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=47626&p=278294

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

Kormer wrote:I'm having a problem with fluid wagons where they will leave an unloading station with a tiny fraction of fluid still remaining in them. More issue can be found at the bug report link below, but it looks like the solution is to use the empty condition rather than fluid == 0.

For the 3rd time:
LTN needs the fluid type to generate expected inventory or loading list. The solution is to use 3 pumps adn leave finish loading turned on.

Mobius1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mobius1 »

Kormer wrote:I'm having a problem with fluid wagons where they will leave an unloading station with a tiny fraction of fluid still remaining in them. More issue can be found at the bug report link below, but it looks like the solution is to use the empty condition rather than fluid == 0.

Make sure you have the option that adds 2s of inactivity on your train (check Finish loading setting before you load the map) and that you have 3 pumps, one for each fluid tank in the wagon on the output station, if you don't have 3 pumps in the output station THERE WILL BE FLUID LEFT, that small 0.1 fluid leftover has been in the game since I remember playing it, its a thing regarding tanks where if you don't have a pump forcing the tank to empty out, there will always be something left inside the tank when its considered "empty".
Another solution is to barrel up the fluid and you won't have to deal with fluid mechanics.

realm174
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by realm174 »

I just wanted to say thank you. I'm still learning and fine-tuning based on everything I read here, but for the most part, I have converted my ~30 mining areas, and I have 20-22 trains being dispatched all over to get the needed stuff. The only issue I have found (And for now have a workaround) is most likely a fault of mine. Every once in a while, the returning train doesn't unload completely (due to the chests it unloads into not getting cleared fast enough by the robots) so the train leaves with residue. I have added unloading at the depot, which takes care of the rest of it. But I think it's just me that needs to set things up properly for the unloading areas... All in all, this is a great mod, and just wanted to thank you for it!

Kormer
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Kormer »

Mobius1 wrote:

Make sure you have the option that adds 2s of inactivity on your train (check Finish loading setting before you load the map) and that you have 3 pumps, one for each fluid tank in the wagon on the output station, if you don't have 3 pumps in the output station THERE WILL BE FLUID LEFT, that small 0.1 fluid leftover has been in the game since I remember playing it, its a thing regarding tanks where if you don't have a pump forcing the tank to empty out, there will always be something left inside the tank when its considered "empty".
Another solution is to barrel up the fluid and you won't have to deal with fluid mechanics.
Ok to back up five steps, I had turned off use best effort to help out with some non-fluid routes that were not getting enough supply. This in turn lead to crude oil outposts having trains get stuck there for an hour and getting timed out as a trickle of oil would load into them, never triggering the 2s inactivity condition. When they got timed out, a second train would be dispatched to pick up 5 liters of oil, but get jammed up due to the first still sitting there. So then I turned off the finish loading part to fix that, which is what lead to fluid trains leaving early.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Kormer wrote:
Mobius1 wrote:

Ok to back up five steps, I had turned off use best effort to help out with some non-fluid routes that were not getting enough supply. This in turn lead to crude oil outposts having trains get stuck there for an hour and getting timed out as a trickle of oil would load into them, never triggering the 2s inactivity condition. When they got timed out, a second train would be dispatched to pick up 5 liters of oil, but get jammed up due to the first still sitting there. So then I turned off the finish loading part to fix that, which is what lead to fluid trains leaving early.
This post (viewtopic.php?f=94&t=36976&p=279803#p279796) explains the circuit setup really good for this situation.
Instead of inserters you wire up the pumps and set oil > 0.

Greetings. steinio.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Mobius1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mobius1 »

Kormer wrote:Ok to back up five steps, I had turned off use best effort to help out with some non-fluid routes that were not getting enough supply.
"Use best effort" is the same as the "Ignore min delivery size" signal that you place on the provider station, meaning that it'll create a work order if there's at least 1 item on any supply station instead of the minimum ammount of 1000. (default)
Kormer wrote:This in turn lead to crude oil outposts having trains get stuck there for an hour and getting timed out as a trickle of oil would load into them, never triggering the 2s inactivity condition.
You could hook up the pump with the tank and do some circuitry to enable the pump only when the tank has some significant value to load on the train.
Kormer wrote:When they got timed out, a second train would be dispatched to pick up 5 liters of oil, but get jammed up due to the first still sitting there.
Put the signal on the station "max number of trains" to 1 so LTN will only send 1 train there when the station is empty
Kormer wrote:So then I turned off the finish loading part to fix that, which is what lead to fluid trains leaving early.
When finish loading is disabled, as soon as the train hits the threshold of the work order it'll leave the station on any work order.

torne
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by torne »

Mobius1 wrote:You could hook up the pump with the tank and do some circuitry to enable the pump only when the tank has some significant value to load on the train.
Rather than doing this, a better way is to hook up the pumps to the train stop and configure the pumps to be enabled only until the requested amount is loaded onto the train - this is what LTN is expecting your stations to do, and if you do this (or the inserter equivalent for stations providing items) then the "finish loading" behaviour is exactly what you want.

Mobius1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mobius1 »

torne wrote:Rather than doing this, a better way is to hook up the pumps to the train stop and configure the pumps to be enabled only until the requested amount is loaded onto the train - this is what LTN is expecting your stations to do, and if you do this (or the inserter equivalent for stations providing items) then the "finish loading" behaviour is exactly what you want.
But that is what "significant value" means...
Now that I read back more carefully it prolly was a lil' confusing... what I meant by significant value was:
expected work load = significant value
unexpected work load = unsignificant value
excess expected work load = redundant value
so if the train is waiting to have at least 1000u of oil, whenever it has less than 1000, that ammount is a significant value, once the train hits 1000u of oil, it becomes redundant value as the train already has its work order cargo and now its just carrying excess, but if you also input 1000u of water on the train, that's insignificant value as the train is expecting oil instead of water.

Pontiac
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Pontiac »

I love this mod. Makes managing the rail system oh so much easier.

But I seem to be having a problem with using different train structures, in that, even when I specify the train layout via the encoded positions, I still get trains going to the wrong stations. For instance, I have an ECCC train, which the engine is 1, and the cargos come out to 14. I also have an ECF train, which goes E=1, C=2, and F=4. Every loading station is defined with what ever type of train is expected (Mostly ECCC) but this ECF thinks that it should also make a run for an ECCC station.

How exactly should the stations and depots be setup to ensure that only a particular train configuration is sent to the right station?

Mobius1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mobius1 »

Pontiac wrote:I love this mod. Makes managing the rail system oh so much easier.

But I seem to be having a problem with using different train structures, in that, even when I specify the train layout via the encoded positions, I still get trains going to the wrong stations. For instance, I have an ECCC train, which the engine is 1, and the cargos come out to 14. I also have an ECF train, which goes E=1, C=2, and F=4. Every loading station is defined with what ever type of train is expected (Mostly ECCC) but this ECF thinks that it should also make a run for an ECCC station.

How exactly should the stations and depots be setup to ensure that only a particular train configuration is sent to the right station?
Put a signal on the station of "Min Train Size" = 4 which means a train with LCCC will be able to get in there (4 entities) and a train LCF won't (3 entities). Just remember that if you increase your train size, say you have a LCCCL (5 entities) this new train will be allowed on the station with "min train size = 4"
if you want exactly only 4-sized trains in that station, put 2 signals "min train size = 4" "max train size = 4", that way any train with 4 entities in size will be allowed on that station.

Pontiac
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Pontiac »

Makes sense, but if I have an LFL hauling oil around, your suggestion isn't going to work with the LCF.

[EDIT -- Changing ECF to LCF]

torne
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by torne »

The train encoding is an output only. It doesn't use it to filter which kinds of trains can go to the station. (there's lots of discussion of this in the thread and it's currently listed as a "will not implement" in the main post).

sgtsquiggs
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by sgtsquiggs »

Hi, love the mod. Finally got a requester/provider station working as detailed in the first post.

My question: I should be able to shuttle back and forth small quantities of items, right? I can't seem to request anything < 1000. I have "Ignore minimum delivery size" set on both provider and receiver's stations, but I still can't get it to deliver anything unless I request at least 1000. It will deliver less than 1000 (ie 20 or 50) but I can't trigger a delivery until I request at least 1k.
Image NEAT!

Return to “Logistic Train Network”