old LTN discussion thread

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [Mod 0.14/0.15] Logistic Train Network 1.2.6

Post by nagapito »

I use a similar system when and where I need it permanently but, instead of having to fiddle with circuits to cancel a positive number, even more on a temporary situation since its positive by mistake and will not be soon, a ignore provider might not be a bag idea

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

Not going to add anything a single combinator wouldn't fix.
I want players to use combinators more, not make them pointless since the magic black box does everything for you.

Zanostra
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Zanostra »

An error occurred while building a logiscit train stop using contructionbots.

Error while running event on_robot_built_entity (ID 14)
LuaEntity API call when LuaEntity was invalid.
stack traceback:
__LogisticTrainNetwork__/control.lua:831: in function 'CreateStop'
__LogisticTrainNetwork__/control.lua:244: in function <__LogisticTrainNetwork__/control.lua:241>

I can recreate the error every single time I load the game. ( within 10 secs because I saved the game before I provided the system with the stops it needs to build them.
I don't know if it is something known or not.
After some testing I managed to find out that it only occurs to 1 stop in particular, even building it by hand after removing the ghost stop.
I have the save-file, and the log-file.
It's still in factorio 14.23 version in steam.
Do you want me to upload these files? or is it known or already repaired?

~Zan

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

Zanostra wrote:An error occurred while building a logiscit train stop using contructionbots.

Error while running event on_robot_built_entity (ID 14)
LuaEntity API call when LuaEntity was invalid.
stack traceback:
__LogisticTrainNetwork__/control.lua:831: in function 'CreateStop'
__LogisticTrainNetwork__/control.lua:244: in function <__LogisticTrainNetwork__/control.lua:241>

I can recreate the error every single time I load the game. ( within 10 secs because I saved the game before I provided the system with the stops it needs to build them.
I don't know if it is something known or not.
After some testing I managed to find out that it only occurs to 1 stop in particular, even building it by hand after removing the ghost stop.
I have the save-file, and the log-file.
It's still in factorio 14.23 version in steam.
Do you want me to upload these files? or is it known or already repaired?

~Zan
I thought I fixed that in 1.1.1.
Send me the save please.

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

Are minimum delivery amounts working corretly for fluids?

I decided to nerf my fluid wagon size, always felt them too big and as Mooncat says, it reduces the need for a lot of liquid trains.
But, I still have my stations with minimum delivery request at 150k when my trains can only deliver 60k, 30k per wagon, and the deliver requests were still being made!

Is it ignoring the minimum since there arent any trains that can fulfil it or its just bugged?

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

nagapito wrote:Are minimum delivery amounts working corretly for fluids?

I decided to nerf my fluid wagon size, always felt them too big and as Mooncat says, it reduces the need for a lot of liquid trains.
But, I still have my stations with minimum delivery request at 150k when my trains can only deliver 60k, 30k per wagon, and the deliver requests were still being made!

Is it ignoring the minimum since there arent any trains that can fulfil it or its just bugged?
Trains ignore min delivery size. LTN will always pick the best match for the available delivery.

Zanostra
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Zanostra »

This is my save-file,
here you go :)

it happens with the southern LTN stop.
Attachments
Zanostra's save.zip
(38.48 MiB) Downloaded 87 times

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

Really odd error. How can ghosts become invalid?
I've added a check and another bugfix for nil signals in schedule to 1.1.3.

Zanostra
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [Mod 0.14/0.15] Logistic Train Network 1.2.7

Post by Zanostra »

I don't know,
but what I just noticed were those extra things you added to the LTN-stop.
when hold shift while building the LTN-stop there will be the ghost to be build, but that ghost doesn't have the lamp and the output combinator.
In my blueprinted station there are wires attached to both of them, so the ghost has them too.
If you delete the ghost lamp and combinator in my savegame so only the stop remains, the station can be build, it gave me a red light before it turned green.
I have a feeling that it may have to do something with the wires or internal signalling of that station.
Maybe I'm talking gibberish :D I made simple things in GameMaker before it went to gamemaker studio, I know nothing of the Factorio coding.

Mobius1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mobius1 »

Is there a way to set priorities through quantity available? For example, lets say I have 2 stations that provides steel barrels, one has 800 barrels on its storage, another has 25k. They're equally distant from the consumer station and the consumer requests barrels often from the one who has 800 barrels as that station don't have much traffic incomming, but is there a way to make the trains request first from the station with the 25k ammount and then (when its under 800) it'll start grabbing from the one with 800? I added the signal Provider priority but its not making the desired effect on that matter and I can't block barrel providing from the other station, I want that to be a provider as well but only when there's not enough in the system.
If someone knows how to make that work I'd be most happy with you!

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

Mobius1 wrote:Is there a way to set priorities through quantity available? For example, lets say I have 2 stations that provides steel barrels, one has 800 barrels on its storage, another has 25k. They're equally distant from the consumer station and the consumer requests barrels often from the one who has 800 barrels as that station don't have much traffic incomming, but is there a way to make the trains request first from the station with the 25k ammount and then (when its under 800) it'll start grabbing from the one with 800? I added the signal Provider priority but its not making the desired effect on that matter and I can't block barrel providing from the other station, I want that to be a provider as well but only when there's not enough in the system.
If someone knows how to make that work I'd be most happy with you!
Combinator that only sends provider priority when above 800?

Mobius1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mobius1 »

nagapito wrote:Combinator that only sends provider priority when above 800?
The "800" station don't have the priority signal, the priority signal is only on the 25k one.

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

Mobius1 wrote:
nagapito wrote:Combinator that only sends provider priority when above 800?
The "800" station don't have the priority signal, the priority signal is only on the 25k one.
Exactly! Combinator that checks when amount is above 800, sends priority signal of value 2 so the 25 k goes down.
The 800 station has priority signal of 1.
When its below 800, remove the priority signal and let LTN will give priority to the other station.

Mobius1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mobius1 »

nagapito wrote:Exactly! Combinator that checks when amount is above 800, sends priority signal of value 2 so the 25 k goes down.
When its below 800, remove the priority signal and let LTN will give priority to the other station.
The priority signal isn't boolean type? Like its only False (0) or True (1)? That makes things more interesting.

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

Mobius1 wrote:
nagapito wrote:Exactly! Combinator that checks when amount is above 800, sends priority signal of value 2 so the 25 k goes down.
The priority signal isn't boolean type? Like its only False (0) or True (1)? That makes things more interesting.
Nope, its a number, the higher, the number, the higher the priority

iamwyza
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by iamwyza »

Is it possible to make it so that if multiple things are sent to a requestor that it will function to pick the thing with the largest request? I have a complex set of combinators that comes close, but It'd be nice to be able to just calculate that I need 50k of Iron, 30k of copper, and 10k of coal, put them all into a single output, and then the station queue up each as it makes its way through the list.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Hi,

i'm playing with smart and unsmart stations at the moment.
Smart means a combinator sets filter inserters for the loading goods and unsmart means stack inserters just put the items from chests into the train.

With this setup the global 'finish loading' setting enabled will overload the unsmart stations and with disabled the smart stations filter inserters aren't cleared because items are left behind if the train is full and a full train is scheduled.

My solution is to let finish unloading disabled and set the locked cargo slots to one at smart stations so there is everytime a bit room to clear the filter inserters.

Greetings, steinio.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

iamwyza wrote:Is it possible to make it so that if multiple things are sent to a requestor that it will function to pick the thing with the largest request? I have a complex set of combinators that comes close, but It'd be nice to be able to just calculate that I need 50k of Iron, 30k of copper, and 10k of coal, put them all into a single output, and then the station queue up each as it makes its way through the list.
It's certainly possible to order positions inside requests.
I'm not sure ordering by sheer volume is the best way to do it though. Low amounts of ammo or nuclear fuel cells are probably more important than a huge load of coal for berigus process.
steinio wrote:i'm playing with smart and unsmart stations at the moment.
Smart means a combinator sets filter inserters for the loading goods and unsmart means stack inserters just put the items from chests into the train.

With this setup the global 'finish loading' setting enabled will overload the unsmart stations and with disabled the smart stations filter inserters aren't cleared because items are left behind if the train is full and a full train is scheduled.

My solution is to let finish unloading disabled and set the locked cargo slots to one at smart stations so there is everytime a bit room to clear the filter inserters.
I recommend using "finish loading" together with "Stops output expected inventory" and use only smart stations.
The setups shown in OP need only 1 combinator at provider and requester and cycle through any length of loading list automatically while only slightly overloading.

The next feature update will make "Stops output expected inventory" the default. Perhaps I'll even remove the old +/- items to load/unload output altogether.

mms92
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by mms92 »

Hello There
thanks to this great mod

just to tell you about , the blueprint code for smart depot isn't working anymore , instead , i've made one myself
you can use it as you wich , post it where you want, i don't care, i just simply want to help the community
head
the depot can be as long as you wich , it's composed of a head and a simple pattern, here is the blueprint of the pattern
simply overlaps the pattern with the previous one and you added two wagon/loco to the depot
pattern
Last edited by mms92 on Sat May 20, 2017 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Optera wrote:
iamwyza wrote:Is it possible to make it so that if multiple things are sent to a requestor that it will function to pick the thing with the largest request? I have a complex set of combinators that comes close, but It'd be nice to be able to just calculate that I need 50k of Iron, 30k of copper, and 10k of coal, put them all into a single output, and then the station queue up each as it makes its way through the list.
It's certainly possible to order positions inside requests.
I'm not sure ordering by sheer volume is the best way to do it though. Low amounts of ammo or nuclear fuel cells are probably more important than a huge load of coal for berigus process.
steinio wrote:i'm playing with smart and unsmart stations at the moment.

I recommend using "finish loading" together with "Stops output expected inventory" and use only smart stations.
The setups shown in OP need only 1 combinator at provider and requester and cycle through any length of loading list automatically while only slightly overloading.

The next feature update will make "Stops output expected inventory" the default. Perhaps I'll even remove the old +/- items to load/unload output altogether.
Well i'm currently migrating to smart stations but i seeno point in making mine and smelter stations smart because there is only one item to expect.

Orders with rail tankers aren't cleared corrctly and 0.1 of the liquid stays in the tanker.
According to this viewtopic.php?f=23&t=47626&p=278294#p278294 can there the wait until empty rule be added please .

Greetings, steinio.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Return to “Logistic Train Network”