3 endstation to one big storage - Multi stations LTN

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

FritzHugo3
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

3 endstation to one big storage - Multi stations LTN

Post by FritzHugo3 »

I only found an old 2019 article so maybe ther are new things?

Hi guy’s
I have followed problem in my e.g..

I have one big storage for multiple items and parallel train stations for all items.
(One Train station are not fast enough so i want ident Station for quantity). And I don’t want dedicate a station for one Item – all stations should be handling all items.

I have tested now much hours but I don’t get it on myself.

Here in the test scenario, there are 6 stations (sure same named) with one combinator (I tested it first with one combinator for each station but this doesn’t work).

The chest is empty and one of the stations say we need a train with maybe coal.
The second Station say here are space come with iron or whatever.

Problem sometimes Station 1 (from the 6) say we need a train with coal and a second station from the 2-6 say we need a train with coal.

So, the stations don’t talk with the other. I request a max from 2.500 each Item but you see its sometime 2.500, 5.000 or 7.500 and this is too much for the 500-slot chest with so many different items.

How can I ensure that only one train bring at the same time with the same item the -2.500?
Or in other words, how the six stations think as one?

(In the options are disabled that trains waiting and first drive if the waggon is full)
04.png
04.png (2.06 MiB) Viewed 906 times
Thx a lot for your time

FritzHugo3
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: 3 endstation to one big storage - Multi stations LTN

Post by FritzHugo3 »

Nowbody an idear?

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

FritzHugo3 wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:14 am
How can I ensure that only one train bring at the same time with the same item the -2.500?
Or in other words, how the six stations think as one?
LTN does not support having multiple stations acting as one.

FritzHugo3 wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:14 am
(One Train station are not fast enough so i want ident Station for quantity). And I don’t want dedicate a station for one Item – all stations should be handling all items.
A single train station with a design like

Code: Select all

stack inserter > 6 tile long buffer chest > loader
allows for 3 saturated belts per wagon. Double that on the other side for 6 belts per wagon.
Also use bigger trains for more throughput.

FritzHugo3
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by FritzHugo3 »

Not enough with a single Train station.
Bigger trains makes absolute no sense if i need that the storrage are not full with one item - i have handle 12 items in this 500 slot chest for the mall and i have no place. I must have simultane trains with other items in low ammount in a relative high frequent.

Each waggon can max handled from 18 stackarms per side (i have three space arms) - this is not the problem, the problem are the way from depot to get items and drive to the requestet station with 12 different items for one station - this is not possible!

So for this i thing vanila with programmed arms and multiple stations with same name and dedicated trains. The trains would be drive many time for nothing but are the better option for this situation than each one dobbled wrong LTN Drain per multiple LTN station.

The question that remains for me is why multiple stations were never considered in LTN. They make perfect sense in some situations. So i hope any time in the future this feature will be released.

For better understanding.
- In this Scenario for my Mall I dont need a big ammount frome a single item.
- I need very small ammount but in a high train circle becouse im limitation in the 500 slot chest. This one Chest is an provider for the hole mall.
- i must have from all 12 different items mostly for the same tim to ensure that the mall keep working. Not many ammount but it must be there.

So if ltn dont work for that. I will try following. 36 stack sorting arms per waggon : 12 different items = 3 stack sortingarm per waggon and item. All arms with a cable to the one storrage and 3 or 6 vanila train station. For each item one permanent train with condition if inactive 1 second leave station.

It's a pity that there aren't yet any multiple stations in ltn, as suggested in 2019. But you can not have it all. LTN is still a great solution for other productions where mass is needed.

EDIT:
I just got another idea. Isn't it possible to use combiners to ask a station which train is currently being requested and to query its item? Then you could pretend to the box that there are enough goods of this item available and thus prevent other LTN stations from sending the same trains simultane with same item. Would such a query be possible?

Return to “Logistic Train Network”