Barrels, priority & thresholds

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

VibrantVector
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Barrels, priority & thresholds

Post by VibrantVector »

Hi there,

I am trying to deal with post-fluid delivery barrel management. In this case, I have a number of stations that request full barrels, corresponding stations that offer empty barrels (priority 1), and a barrel builder station (priority 0).

The rationale for this being that when a station needs barrels, they will first go to the recycling system of the priority 1 empty barrels before they go to the build station (priority 0) to inject more barrels into the system.

Here is my problem. I have set the provider threshold of the excess stations to 300 barrels, thinking that if that if no station of recycled barrels had 300, that the request would go to the barrel builder.

This is not the case. All requests seem to be going to the priority 1 stations, even when they do not have enough barrels to meet the provider threshold.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks

VV

robot256
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Barrels, priority & thresholds

Post by robot256 »

It might not exactly solve your problem, but you could try setting the priority to (barrels/300). That way stops with more barrels are a higher priority, and those with less than one trainload equal the barrel maker. Some screenshots of your stop signals would be helpful.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Barrels, priority & thresholds

Post by Optera »

Does sound like a configuration error.

Higher priority will be served first as long as LTN sees more available items than it's threshold.
Note that freight scheduled to be picked up is subtracted from available amount as soon as deliveries are created.

Return to “Logistic Train Network”