[Not a Bug] Train limit on depot is sometimes ignored

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

utdrmac
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[Not a Bug] Train limit on depot is sometimes ignored

Post by utdrmac »

I've got about 300 stations, all wired up to combinator with StopIsDepot=1 and LimitTrains=1 signals. All stations have the same name. Up until recently, there has been no issue. But twice now, there's been 2 trains assigned to the same stop causing a blockage on the tracks. I feel like this is some sort of race condition where train A and train B are both assigned but B arrives before A and A does not get redirected to another station. I've noticed that the LTN LimitTrains signal does not alter the actual limit you can impose on a station. I assume this is used internally when scheduling trains, which furthers the possibility this is a race condition in the LTN code.

Since it has only happened twice in the past 100 hours of game time, and because it is trains returning to depot, I don't know how to repeat this issue.

Should I set the manual limit as well to get around this issue?

robot256
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Train limit on depot is sometimes ignored

Post by robot256 »

I'm pretty sure the LTN Max Trains signal does not apply to depots at all. The LTN Max Trains limit was created long before vanilla train stops had train limits and they operate completely independently.

You should be able to set the vanilla Train Limit on the depot stops to achieve what you want. This will cause problems if there are more trains than depots, of course, because a train might get stuck at a requester saying "All destinations full".

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Train limit on depot is sometimes ignored

Post by Optera »

Depots ignore ALL signals except Stop is Depot and Depot Priority.
Optera wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:26 am
Depot: (ignores Requester & Provider signals)
Image Stop is Depot - flags this stop as depot (default=0 false)
Image Depot Priority (optional) - higher priority will be served first (default=0)

Return to “Logistic Train Network”