Increase Dispatcher speed

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

Stran_ge
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Increase Dispatcher speed

Post by Stran_ge »

Hi,

i was wondering if and how i can increase the dispatcher speed since i hit the limit right now.
I have enough trains waiting in my depots and enough ressources are available but the train troughput seems limited which i guess is caused by the dispatcher not beeing fast enough.
Also i cant increase train size since my project is desgined exactly for 1-4 trains.

Looking forward to a reply :D

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Increase Dispatcher speed

Post by mrvn »

Settings -> Mod Settings -> LTN

Update Frequency (ticks)
Updates per tick

Default seems to be "Update Frequency (ticks) = 2" but it sure doesn't feel like trains are dispatched withing 2 ticks of items becoming available.

Stran_ge
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Stran_ge »

Thank you for your reply. I already set both to 1 but that just isn't enough.

Since i have a pretty strong rig i would like to change the limit of trains dispatched per tick.
In a old post about this topic i read this "It's correct ,the limit of trains dispatched is 1 train every 60 ticks".
In the same Post: "Should you really need faster dispatching and your rig can handle it you can edit dispatcher_update_interval in config.lua.
I've tested it down to 10 ticks back in 1.1.x. It should still be working, but will put quite some load on your rig.".

But i cant find either the config.lua nor the line dispatcher_update_interval.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Updates per tick = 1 means every tick LTN looks at one stop and checks if it provides/requests anything. So set it higher to get faster reaction.

I think the update frequency is the inverse of that, one stop every so many ticks. Not all the stops every so many ticks. At least that's how it feels to me.

I really wish the developer would implement a circuit-signal-changed event. Having to scan every single stop round-robin is just such a waste of time. But they are dead set against it since vanilla doesn't need it.

Stran_ge
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Stran_ge »

I have Updates per tick set to 100.

I dont get the Updates Intervall setting to be honest.

Return to “Logistic Train Network”