Positive Signal

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

hsaul17
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Positive Signal

Post by hsaul17 »

First of all I want to say thanks for this amazing MOD, I don’t have too much experience in this game but I manage to change the signal request from the requester to something that let me know what material, how much and in what cargo wagon to put it in (yes, this is related to fill some wagons only), while I was doing this I realize that if I send the signal binary coded telling which wagons positions need to be filled it will help a lot, this is what I’m planning to do:

I have a request station that needs copper plates, iron plates and plastic bars, so I have it in this order
Stop (2 Locomotives) (I don’t care about this)
Iron Plates (1 cargo wagon)
Copper Plates (2 cargo wagons)
Plastic Bars (1 Cargo wagon)

Right now I do not need and I don’t use at all train composition signal, but I need something similar with a different signal(s) if possible, for example
Iron will be signal “I” value 1, binary first position only
Copper will be signal “C” value 6, binary second and third position only
Plastic will be signal “P” value 8, binary fourth position only

Each provider will only care about the signal that belongs to that station knowing exactly what wagon to fill; of course, the qty is already there in the current LTN signals

My idea is to send a positive signal (not negative to avoid confusion with request qty) directly into the requester LTN inputs and get that signal in the provider LTN outputs

this is the closest thread that I found to my request but is not exactly what I'm requesting
viewtopic.php?f=214&t=70257&p=427020&hi ... al#p427020

Thanks a lot again, I hope this is possible

PS. Sorry for my English :)

hsaul17
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Positive Signal

Post by hsaul17 »

Do you think is possible to make the MOD send that any extra signal that is in the requester LTN Stop Inputs to the provider LTN Stop Output?

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Positive Signal

Post by Optera »

LTN has no concept having items locked to certain wagons and never will have.
All wagon slots are aggregated into train capacity. It will either use as small a train as possible or a larger train if combining requests is possible.

I recommend using stack filter inserters for all stations, even if they are not designed to handle multiple items. See design thread.

Return to “Logistic Train Network”