Single train to single depot station

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

Xeizzen
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Single train to single depot station

Post by Xeizzen »

Is it somehow possible to set the depot station to "reserved", so to speak, if a train chose this station to arrive at?
I'm asking that because multiple trains could choose a single, the same, depot station to stop by, which could lead to traffic jams.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Single train to single depot station

Post by Optera »

I don't see a reason for having a dedicated depot per train, but you could do it by giving each depot an unique name.

Xeizzen
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Xeizzen »

No, I didn't mean dedicated depot for specific trains.
I meant that if some of a trains decide to go to a depot station, it becomes "reserved", so other trains can't add this station to the schedule to travel towards it, what, in turn, forces them to pick another depot station.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

I think, this is base game behaviour. I dont know if it could be modded. Maybe some of the pathfinding mods can do that?
Usually its getting solved by having a chain signal before all stops, which lets the train do repathing there and choose an empty station.

Of course, if you have constantly running 500 trains through a single train segment, it wont be good.
Here you should spread out depots of maybe 20 trains, and name those differently.

Return to “Logistic Train Network”