Way too much stuff delivered

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

PurpleYouko
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Way too much stuff delivered

Post by PurpleYouko »

I'm just trying this out for the first time and I guess I must be doing something wrong.

I set up my Red circuit production plant with a request for 50,000 plastic bars.
The current level dropped and a train was sent out to pick up something like 47,000. Great I thought.
A few seconds later another train set off to pick up 2500, then another to pick up 1025.
In all, 6 trains were sent out before I thought to set the maximum trains allowed in the supply station. lol

The problem is that all 6 trains brought back full loads so now my red circuit plant has about 3 million plastic bars waiting to be processed.

I only wanted 50k :(

I saw that someone asked in another thread how to disable full loading of a train (basically to remove the 2 seconds of inactivity clause) and just bring back what is needed.
It would be really nice if it was possible to just pick up the amount of stuff that i need instead of 6 (yes I know that part was my fault for not setting limits) full loads.

In my current setup i don't have the option of using logistics to read the demand amount from the train and turn off my inserters when it is reached. I'm using loaders and they don't have the capability of being switched off or having their filters changed.

Other than that I'm having a lot of fun with this. great mod 8-)

PurpleYouko
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Way too much stuff delivered

Post by PurpleYouko »

So it turns out that we can remove the 2 second inacativity. :D

It's configurable in the mod settings. testing to see if this will do what i need now

PurpleYouko
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by PurpleYouko »

Actually it made no difference at all.

Despite setting the mods configuration it STILL adds 2 second waiting for every stop.

Additionally I now find that sometimes the train leaves the delivery station with some stuff still in it. Possibly if the station is full after the train delivers several hundred thousand items :|
The next time the trains get assigned for a mission there is no check for whatever is already on them so in my case here, a train with a couple of thousand Iron plates still on it filled up with Steel and then dropped it all off at the next station thus leaving my destination station polluted with Iron plates which it didn't need

Kamuchi
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Kamuchi »

Need to tell it to stop loading when it reaches the delivery request.
Here is a 2 wagon loading station using the LTN request signal and train content signal and an offloading stations to complete it :)
This was also asked a couple of threads below where you don't even need filter inserters viewtopic.php?f=214&t=54402

Loader
Offloading

PurpleYouko
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by PurpleYouko »

Thanks for the reply

My problem is that with my current build i can't tell it to stop loading or unloading. I'm not using inserters. I have my stations set up to load and unload with Bob's "Extremely Fast Loaders"
That makes it a bit of a problem to control what gets loaded or unloaded at a station.
I can set filters on the loaders but they are only static, can't be set by logistics.
All my control is done by setting wait times in the stations and that can't currently be done in this mod as far as I can tell.

What i would like to see is configurable wait times in the stations that are set by the constant combinators at that station. That way i can set my providers to 20 seconds and my receivers to 25 seconds to make sure that they deliver the full load that they picked up.

Having said that though, I realize that I don't know all that much about this mod yet so I just set up a brand new test game just to the hang of it using inserters.
One thing i have found for definite though is that no matter how I set up the configuration in the mod settings, it adds the 2 seconds inactivity condition regardless.

[ABE] Actually it doesn't seem to be possible to change any of this mod's settings in a saved game. I can only change stuff when making a new game

Kamuchi
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Kamuchi »

There is an LTN signal at the station, LTN stations have 3 connection points:
Station itself - like normal read contents, send signals
Station INPUT and station OUTPUT

What the bp does is read the station OUTPUT which has the request amount, then from the station itself for the train contents and simply flip train amount to negative to remove from the order and send the item signal to the filter inserter so it's dynamically based on station request(s).
Filter inserters when wired can have their signal set to "set filter" to only move things you tell it to, which this does ;)

I play with all of Bob's mods aswel, works perfectly fine as does stock
Station in action with cutoff

PurpleYouko
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by PurpleYouko »

Filter inserters when wired can have their signal set to "set filter" to only move things you tell it to, which this does ;)
With my new game I've got it working very nicely with filter inserters.

What I was after though was to get it to work with Loaders, not inserters. Doesn't seem to be possible though and it doesn't help that loaders can't be connected to networks and that even if you set a filter on them they always hold a finite amount of "stuff" from the last time they were used.
Ah well, back to inserters i guess. They are more versatile anyway ;)

Kamuchi
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Kamuchi »

PurpleYouko wrote:
With my new game I've got it working very nicely with filter inserters.

What I was after though was to get it to work with Loaders, not inserters. Doesn't seem to be possible though and it doesn't help that loaders can't be connected to networks and that even if you set a filter on them they always hold a finite amount of "stuff" from the last time they were used.
Ah well, back to inserters i guess. They are more versatile anyway ;)
Nice :D

Loaders are kinda dumb and you will have to use the belt trick to cut off their feed, also they are UPS hogs unlike inserters so if you can switch them out later game for inserters it would be better, although I agree that their loading speed compared to fast and low level stack inserters is faaar superior and I even have to bite my tounge to not use them :?

Return to “Logistic Train Network”