Achievement progress multiplied by player count

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
bobucles
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Achievement progress multiplied by player count

Post by bobucles »

I was watching a stream and they had 10M progress towards the green circuit achievement, but only produced 1.2M in the prod tab. They said that every player in the game multiplies the achivement, so with 8 players the circuit count gets multiplied by 8. This is probably true for all production achivements.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Achievement progress multiplied by player count

Post by Jap2.0 »

I''m not sure how this works in multiplayer, but in singleplayer the amound towards that achievement is from all your maps combined - I'm not sure if this is exactly how it works in multiplayer, but it is possible that if the streamer had 8.8M produced in other maps, that would be 10M.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

zyklame
Inserter
Inserter

Post by zyklame »

Jap2.0 wrote:I''m not sure how this works in multiplayer, but in singleplayer the amound towards that achievement is from all your maps combined - I'm not sure if this is exactly how it works in multiplayer, but it is possible that if the streamer had 8.8M produced in other maps, that would be 10M.
That's not correct. All players started with a fresh installation without any achievements started.
The error accumulated over the game itself.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

I was one of the players and can confirm this issue. At the end of the map we had produced about 4.5M circuits, but everyone already had the 20M achievement after we produced around 2.5M. Every single one of us reset our achievements, so the progress can't be from other maps, especially since this issue occured for everybody. I personally actually never opened another map on this installation.Here is the save and I attached my achievement dat (zipped because the forum doesn't allow files with .dat).
Attachments
achievements.zip
(1.05 KiB) Downloaded 149 times
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

Thanks for the report.
Should be fixed in 0.16

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”