[0.15.30] Wrong inserter direction in rotated blueprint

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Alfred0110
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.15.30] Wrong inserter direction in rotated blueprint

Post by Alfred0110 »

The inserter arm orientation doesn't seem to get rotated in the blueprint preview.
factoriobug.png
factoriobug.png (3.26 MiB) Viewed 2769 times

kosievdmerwe
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.15.30] Wrong inserter direction in rotated blueprint

Post by kosievdmerwe »

Could you add another screenshot of before the rotation, to make it a bit more clearer what you mean?

If you mean that inserters don't rotate when the blueprint rotates, then I think this is a bug since not everyone has the yellow arrow things on (the ones turned on by pressing alt), so if the inserters aren't properly rotated it would confuse those people.

Alfred0110
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Alfred0110 »

It's just a graphical glitch - as you can see in the picture the inserters' arms are 90 degrees offset from the direction they are supposed to be pointing, which shouldn't ever be possible.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. This is technically working correctly but there's also no reason for it not to also rotate the head of the inserter when rotating blueprints.

I've changed it so in 0.16 the inserter head will also rotate with the base when rendering the blueprint to be built in the world.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

d3x0r
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by d3x0r »

Rseding91 wrote:Thanks for the report. This is technically working correctly but there's also no reason for it not to also rotate the head of the inserter when rotating blueprints.

I've changed it so in 0.16 the inserter head will also rotate with the base when rendering the blueprint to be built in the world.
I know that when blueprinting with Bob's Inserters, that the picup/drop position is saved in the blueprint; probably the same is true for all inserters and these aren't getting rotated when rotating the blueprint?

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

d3x0r wrote:
Rseding91 wrote:Thanks for the report. This is technically working correctly but there's also no reason for it not to also rotate the head of the inserter when rotating blueprints.

I know that when blueprinting with Bob's Inserters, that the picup/drop position is saved in the blueprint; probably the same is true for all inserters and these aren't getting rotated when rotating the blueprint?
They are, the head just isn't moved because it has no power to do normal rotation. The same thing happens when you rotate an un-powered inserter in the game.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”