Topics and discussion about specific mods
DusoMR
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.11.22] Automated Red Alert harvesters 0.0.4

Post by DusoMR »

Thx!! But found a new bug -_-

Code: Select all

Error while running the event handler: __Harvester-mod__/harvester.lua:346: attempt to index upvalue '_ENV' (a nil value)
Enjoy it ^^

ThaPear
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.11.22] Automated Red Alert harvesters 0.0.5

Post by ThaPear »

DusoMR wrote:Thx!! But found a new bug -_-

Error while running the event handler: __Harvester-mod__/harvester.lua:346: attempt to index upvalue '_ENV' (a nil value)
Enjoy it ^^
That's odd... Should be fixed now though.

Updated to 0.0.5

DusoMR
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by DusoMR »

ThaPear wrote:
DusoMR wrote:Thx!! But found a new bug -_-

Enjoy it ^^
That's odd... Should be fixed now though.

Updated to 0.0.5
hahahaha Take it easy!! xDD

It works ;)

Degraine
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Degraine »

I'm curious, is there a limit on the maximum range of this thing? If you leave a refinery and some harvesters running by themselves will they start travelling massive distances to find remote ore deposits? And if you're using a mod that changes basic ores into infinite fields (like the option in Bob's Ores) how does that affect their behaviour?

vampiricdust
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vampiricdust »

The only thing that is missing is a way to refuel the harvesters without having to chase them down manually. I've gotten inserters to load them with fuel, but it also loads their cargo and they can sit there forever emptying coal back into the refinery. Normal inserters or burner inserters are ideal as they are slow enough that they won't always get stuck unloading. Adding in a Service Depot where if they're under a certain fuel amount they'll go refuel would be awesome.

ThaPear
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ThaPear »

Degraine wrote:I'm curious, is there a limit on the maximum range of this thing? If you leave a refinery and some harvesters running by themselves will they start travelling massive distances to find remote ore deposits? And if you're using a mod that changes basic ores into infinite fields (like the option in Bob's Ores) how does that affect their behaviour?
There's no maximum range, as there was none in Red Alert, should I add one?
As for infinite ores, it currently does nothing different. Do infinite ores slow down over time like oil does?
I've made them account for infinite ores and minimum resource values in 0.0.6.

Updated to 0.0.6
- This is an update for infinite ores. It doesn't have any noticeable changes otherwise.
vampiricdust wrote:The only thing that is missing is a way to refuel the harvesters without having to chase them down manually. I've gotten inserters to load them with fuel, but it also loads their cargo and they can sit there forever emptying coal back into the refinery. Normal inserters or burner inserters are ideal as they are slow enough that they won't always get stuck unloading. Adding in a Service Depot where if they're under a certain fuel amount they'll go refuel would be awesome.
They already go to refuel at the nearest refinery that has their fuel in it. If you're running them on coal, simply make sure there's a stack of coal available at the refinery. The refinery always keeps 1 stack of fuel-containing item. Above 1 stack it'll start outputting it on the belts.
Last edited by ThaPear on Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

vampiricdust
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vampiricdust »

I feel a little foolish now x.x My failures to read. I've also noticed it hooks up to logistic wire.

Degraine
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Degraine »

ThaPear wrote:
Degraine wrote:I'm curious, is there a limit on the maximum range of this thing? If you leave a refinery and some harvesters running by themselves will they start travelling massive distances to find remote ore deposits? And if you're using a mod that changes basic ores into infinite fields (like the option in Bob's Ores) how does that affect their behaviour?
There's no maximum range, as there was none in Red Alert, should I add one?
As for infinite ores, it currently does nothing different. Do infinite ores slow down over time like oil does?
I've made them account for infinite ores and minimum resource values in 0.0.6.
I'm just expecting the script will eventually break people's games when it starts hunting further and further away, slowing games down to the point of unplayability. Plus the potential for pathfinding issues.

KrzysD
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.11.22] Automated Red Alert harvesters 0.0.6

Post by KrzysD »

This brings back so many memories! Thank you!

This mod makes me think of a suggestion i had for the Devs, mining bots, you specify with deconstruct blue print, and bots mine and insert into either requestor chests or storage chests.

Foxy_Boxes
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Foxy_Boxes »

Any plans for the cool man's version? :P

Cordylus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Cordylus »

What do you think about the alternative RA2 textures for miner and refinery? They are much more Factorio fitting!

ThaPear
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ThaPear »

Foxy_Boxes wrote:Any plans for the cool man's version? :P
I believe that one doesn't fit the factorio theme quite as well as the older one. The teleportation is quite easy to do (as that's all they do), but I do not think it's fitting.
Cordylus wrote:What do you think about the alternative RA2 textures for miner and refinery? They are much more Factorio fitting!
I looked at them but I found the animations much less appealing. Also, I could not find the sprites for the harvester in the RA2 game files.
You are right about them being more fitting though.

I'm planning a grand optimization to allow for more harvesters before the game slows to a crawl. I'll also take another look at the RA2 harvester. (Maybe make it as an alternative, with a turret)

Foxy_Boxes
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Foxy_Boxes »

The RA2 harvesters are voxels unfortunately, not sprites.
Also teleportation is easy to explain: Aliens! :P
Just shove some alien tech into the research, heck branch off into a chrono-mod why not? :P

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

ThaPear wrote:
Foxy_Boxes wrote:Any plans for the cool man's version? :P
I believe that one doesn't fit the factorio theme quite as well as the older one. The teleportation is quite easy to do (as that's all they do), but I do not think it's fitting.
Cordylus wrote:What do you think about the alternative RA2 textures for miner and refinery? They are much more Factorio fitting!
I looked at them but I found the animations much less appealing. Also, I could not find the sprites for the harvester in the RA2 game files.
You are right about them being more fitting though.

I'm planning a grand optimization to allow for more harvesters before the game slows to a crawl. I'll also take another look at the RA2 harvester. (Maybe make it as an alternative, with a turret)

Autor you cool and genius.

i like it auto mining))
screen

and idea 2 factory in refinery Oil and liquids mining
comfortabilty in replicators mod dytech and oil

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

:( bug in
silica mod

dytech
Attachments
2015-06-11_23-43-49.jpg
2015-06-11_23-43-49.jpg (358.4 KiB) Viewed 8216 times
2015-06-11_22-32-11.jpg
2015-06-11_22-32-11.jpg (177.36 KiB) Viewed 8226 times

ThaPear
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ThaPear »

Airat9000 wrote::( bug in
silica mod

dytech
Thanks for the report, but I can't find the dytech download with lava, I've tried all downloads in DyTech Downloads.
The silica is due to the creator of the silica mod naming his ore and its item differently :roll: ("silica" and "raw-silica" respectively). I've fixed it but I'd like to fix the Dytech problem as well before releasing.

Zerias
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Zerias »

ThaPear wrote:Thanks for the report, but I can't find the dytech download with lava, I've tried all downloads in DyTech Downloads.
Did some digging, lava can be found in Metallurgy [inside the Dytech-machines zip]. I'm not a modder, so I don't know specifically where in the zip is the data you need, but I know lava's somewhere in there because it has the graphics for that and all the machines and molten metals it's used with.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Dy-Tech has 3 types of lava in machines part - "lava-600", "lava-1400", "lava-2800". It's a fluid so item with this name does not exist.

ThaPear
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.11.22] Automated Red Alert harvesters 0.0.7

Post by ThaPear »

Thanks for the help guys, the errors should be fixed. I'm relying on you to test it here as I won't be at my home computer for a while.

Updated to 0.0.7

jayckob11
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.11.22] Automated Red Alert harvesters 0.0.7

Post by jayckob11 »

I get an issue when using rare earth with either dytech or replication mod(don't know which) is it the same issue as the silica problem? if so I can just look at the lua file myself but I think this might be something different. is there a way to just ignore whether it's positive or not? or just ignore it completely AKA treat it as infinite ore?
Attachments
Screenshot_7.png
Screenshot_7.png (861.23 KiB) Viewed 8098 times

Return to “Mods”