[Mod 0.11.22] CyberChest 0.9.0

Topics and discussion about specific mods
SigmatroN
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [Mod 0.11.22] CyberChest 0.7.0

Post by SigmatroN »

Nathan1852 wrote:The problem with sels:state() is that it can cause many functioncalls after each other.
This wouldn't be a problem if some of the functions wouldn't take long to finish.
Sure It can, but only when production speed is high enough.
https://yadi.sk/d/xfBfSm4Zh3Yku there, try this one, tell me if it's better
Last edited by SigmatroN on Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NLxDoDge
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Bug: upgrading assebly!

Post by NLxDoDge »

When ever I stop the chest from doing anything or something simualar and after that I upgrade the assembly machine to a higher tier.
Well it just gives this error...

Soo yeah that is a bug I got :$
But I love your mod and the outcome :D please fix it.

SigmatroN
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Bug: upgrading assebly!

Post by SigmatroN »

NLxDoDge wrote:When ever I stop the chest from doing anything or something simualar and after that I upgrade the assembly machine to a higher tier.

Got It. Download from the link: https://yadi.sk/d/xfBfSm4Zh3Yku (It's temporary, I just wanna be sure there are as less bugs as possible before posting in head post)

Nathan1852
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Nathan1852 »

The new version didn't do much, sadly.
What I tried to do was to remove the first for loop in the cyberchest.wait_for_ingredients call.
It seems to use the most time, since it does a lot with inventories and the items around it.
When this loop isn't there, it saves a lot of time
You could replace the loop by calling the wait_for_ingredients function multiple times, every time for a new ingredient

SigmatroN
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by SigmatroN »

Nathan1852 wrote:The new version didn't do much, sadly.
What I tried to do was to remove the first for loop in the cyberchest.wait_for_ingredients call.
It seems to use the most time, since it does a lot with inventories and the items around it.
When this loop isn't there, it saves a lot of time
You could replace the loop by calling the wait_for_ingredients function multiple times, every time for a new ingredient
But that just means, there would be another, slightly different loop. So the loop isn't gone.

NLxDoDge
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Bug: upgrading assebly!

Post by NLxDoDge »

SigmatroN wrote:
NLxDoDge wrote:When ever I stop the chest from doing anything or something simualar and after that I upgrade the assembly machine to a higher tier.

Got It. Download from the link: https://yadi.sk/d/xfBfSm4Zh3Yku (It's temporary, I just wanna be sure there are as less bugs as possible before posting in head post)
This worked Thanks :D

And also thanks for the quick fix ;) really appreciated.

Nathan1852
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Nathan1852 »

But that just means, there would be another, slightly different loop. So the loop isn't gone.
It would be a different loop,yes. But it is more spread out instead of 'spikes'.

Edit:
When I tried to fix it, I spread it out, just like I described. It changed the delay from 7.170 to about 0.5, as I described in my other post.
My only problems where some nilvalues with the item_stack variable which I couldn't figure out

SigmatroN
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by SigmatroN »

Nathan1852 wrote: It would be a different loop,yes. But it is more spread out instead of 'spikes'.
So this new implementation would call "waiting" every update for a different ingredient each time. Did I hear you right?

Nathan1852
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Nathan1852 »

Yes, it wold call waiting every update until all items would be in the assembler

SigmatroN
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by SigmatroN »

Nathan1852 wrote:Yes, it wold call waiting every update until all items would be in the assembler
But this will make it to work slow, like really slow. But, oh well. I don't think that's gonna help much, as it's forces player to build more chests to compensate low speed. Unless assemblers are producing slow components as well. Then it would work.. probably :D

Nathan1852
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Nathan1852 »

It would take three update calls instead of one for a recipie with three ingredients. I don't think it would slow down much

SigmatroN
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by SigmatroN »

Well it makes it half a second, instead of 1/6 of a second (I have update time of 10 ticks). 3 times as long. And without stage skipping (self:stage()) even longer.
EDIT: https://yadi.sk/d/xfBfSm4Zh3Yku There. For me it's like 0.02-0.05 per waiting chest, 0.5 when rapidly producing wires (crafting speed 3.75).

Nathan1852
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Nathan1852 »

This version is so much better. It uses about 0.8
Thank you very much for that fast fix

XxNeeD4BlooDxX
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by XxNeeD4BlooDxX »

im using cyberchests 0.5.0, not sure its been fixed ut in multiplayer when a player dies with ur mod instaled (having placed the cyberchest or not having one at all) the game crashes!!!

EDIT: yep the game still crashes in multiplayer when a player dies with 0.7.0, hope it can be fixed soon

york2dx48
Inserter
Inserter

Post by york2dx48 »

This mod sounds really amazing. I really need to try it.
I got a question: How fast is the tentacle arm and are there any possible improvements for the player on that fancy chest?

york2dx48
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [Mod 0.11.22] CyberChest 0.5.0

Post by york2dx48 »

BrkDmrkn wrote:
SigmatroN wrote:
BrkDmrkn wrote:Game doesn't detect the mod. :( Sounds awesome though!
W-what? Are you sure, you put it in the right folder, and run game of version 11.22? Does something similar happen with any other mod?
I am playing with other mods so i know i put it on the correct folder. My game is 11.22 and no, something like this has never happened before. If this happens only to me i am going to be quite sad. :(
other mods i am using

Where did you get the smart trains and the smart splitters mod from?

SigmatroN
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by SigmatroN »

XxNeeD4BlooDxX wrote:im using cyberchests 0.5.0, not sure its been fixed ut in multiplayer when a player dies with ur mod instaled (having placed the cyberchest or not having one at all) the game crashes!!!

EDIT: yep the game still crashes in multiplayer when a player dies with 0.7.0, hope it can be fixed soon
I think, I know what causes the bug. Stay tuned for the update.

SigmatroN
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by SigmatroN »

york2dx48 wrote:This mod sounds really amazing. I really need to try it.
I got a question: How fast is the tentacle arm and are there any possible improvements for the player on that fancy chest?
Tentacle arm is just a name (Or explanation of how the tech works if you wish). It's just for show. Basically it teleports items from the ground. Can do so 6 times per second with any quantity of items.
What do you mean by "improvements for the player"?

SigmatroN
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [Mod 0.11.22] CyberChest 0.8.0

Post by SigmatroN »

v 0.8.0 Reuploaded. Quick fix: Speed boost did not update after Cyberfusion research was done.

ares0027
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [Mod 0.11.22] CyberChest 0.8.0

Post by ares0027 »

i am not sure (dont have time to try it atm) but i think it is what i asked for a few months back https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=6&t=8512

Return to “Mods”