[1.1.8] [Modded] Desync when opening blueprint library while editing requester chest (reproducible)

Desyncs in modded game will be ignored most of the time, until it is clearly proven that the desync is not caused by scripting.
SharkCK
Inserter
Inserter

[1.1.8] [Modded] Desync when opening blueprint library while editing requester chest (reproducible)

Post by SharkCK »

While in a requester chest, if you choose an item and while you're editing the request #, without checking the box, bring up the blueprint GUI ('b' by default) and right click or select any blueprint. This causes a multiplayer desync on a dedicated server and if you reconnect and bring the blueprint GUI back up, it will desync again. The way to fix it is to load the save locally, load the blueprint book and close it and then save it and then load it back up on the dedicated. Not sure if this is a dedicated server only problem or if it is reproducible when hosting from your client.

I can confirm that with no mods loaded, this does not happen. Forgot to check before posting.

Brilliand
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [1.1.8] [Modded] Desync when opening blueprint library while editing requester chest (reproducible)

Post by Brilliand »

I might've just had this happen to me. Not sure; I don't remember opening a requester chest but there were some requester chests around, so I might have.

Summary of what happened: I brought a blueprint into a multiplayer game (that I had just made in single player with the same mods), and the game desynced when I picked up the blueprint to place it. Tried again, got the game to load the blueprint this time, and it desynced right after I placed the blueprint and closed the blueprint GUI. Connected a third time, saw the blueprint was already placed and mostly built; I placed the blueprint again to fix anything that might've gotten left out due to wrong tiles (specifically offshore pumps that needed holes made with waterfill), and it didn't desync that time.

I've attached the two desync reports from the two desyncs during that process.
I tried to attach the desync reports but the message board discarded them. Apparently there was a vague error when uploading them.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [1.1.8] [Modded] Desync when opening blueprint library while editing requester chest (reproducible)

Post by Loewchen »

Brilliand wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:22 pm
I tried to attach the desync reports but the message board discarded them. Apparently there was a vague error when uploading them.
Follow 53851 instead.

Return to “Desyncs with mods”