[0.18.22] Desynced in multiplayer

Desyncs in modded game will be ignored most of the time, until it is clearly proven that the desync is not caused by scripting.
Baughn
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[0.18.22] Desynced in multiplayer

Post by Baughn »

Not much to say about this one. It worked for a long time, then very abruptly started desyncing two of the players immediately after login. Quickshot, for some reason, is still able to play.

Attached is the savegame. The desync report is too large for the forum, so you can find it at https://brage.info/factorio/desync-repo ... -22-08.zip
Attachments
terracognito.zip
(14.24 MiB) Downloaded 103 times

Baughn
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.8.22] Desynced in multiplayer

Post by Baughn »

Interestingly, each time I reconnect I can see my character in a different position -- further southwest from where I was last time I logged in. It then immediately desyncs.

Baughn
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Baughn »

Destroying the character with `game.player.character.destroy()` stopped the desyncs, after one final one. I was able to create a new character and it now seems to be working.

So the desync should be caused by the character object somehow? Not sure how to debug that.

Baughn
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Baughn »

It *seemed* to work for some time, but once I started adding logistics requests again I desynced.

Yay.

Baughn
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Baughn »

Looks like I can track this down to Rampant.

I'm not sure how that makes sense with the other symptoms, but that's what I've got.

Return to “Desyncs with mods”