Desynch loop on Arumba game

Desyncs in modded game will be ignored most of the time, until it is clearly proven that the desync is not caused by scripting.
Pallando
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Desynch loop on Arumba game

Post by Pallando »

I appreciated this is heavily mod'ed, but it is one of the more popular (and watched) multi-player games, so I'm sending you the desynch report on the off chance it is worth investigating anyway.
The attachment Arumba 23-12-2016 final mod pack all updated.zip is no longer available
factorio-current.log
The Log file
(645.92 KiB) Downloaded 116 times
Arumba 23-12-2016 final mod pack all updated.zip
The Mod pack
(94.19 MiB) Downloaded 149 times

Great game, but if you're going to keep the ability to have mods, and keep the ability to do online multiplayer, I think it would be a good idea to handled this sort of failure more elegantly, before putting factorio into full release. Because it is a pipe dream to suppose all mods will be 100% bug free, and having one disconnect then cause you to never be able to connect to that game until an admin reboots the server seems a poor work-around. An option for someone hosting the server, that automatically zaps a player's info back to default, on that player desynching, perhaps?

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Desynch loop on Arumba game

Post by Loewchen »

The desync report is incomplete, see my signature on where to find the actual one, without the report there is no way to investigate.

Pallando
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Desynch loop on Arumba game

Post by Pallando »

Loewchen wrote:The desync report is incomplete, see my signature on where to find the actual one, without the report there is no way to investigate.
Ah. Under the archive sub directory:
desync-report-2016-12-24_18-23-33.zip
Thank you!

Return to “Desyncs with mods”