[14.5] Desync with mods.

Desyncs in modded game will be ignored most of the time, until it is clearly proven that the desync is not caused by scripting.
therealk1ll3r
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[14.5] Desync with mods.

Post by therealk1ll3r »

Me and my friend have been playing alot on multiplayer together but we randomly get a desync loop every now and again.

We do play heavily modded but this happens randomly everytime.
If it loops and we restart the server sometimes it will work again for a good while before desync looping again.
Other times it does it instantly or after a few seconds.

Even when we disable our mods it happens.
We can't reproduce it either as it just happens randomly , could be doing something when it happens and other times we could be doing nothing when it happens.

I'm not sure how to figure out the issue in the log but there's alot of multiplayer desync : crc test (heuristic) failed.
I'm just assuming that means something?

I posted the desync report within this post.
If someone could help that'd be great!

NOTE:* Our save is currently on 0.14.5 as we wanted to try a different version. But it was the exact same issue on 0.14.7 & 0.14.8

therealk1ll3r
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: MP Desync issue - crc test failed??

Post by therealk1ll3r »

bor wrote:
we have a headless server (no mods-14.8) after a while every time anyone joins he gets in a desync loop. until the server is restarted.
it is also random when this happens, i haven't managed to find a way to reproduce it intentionally.

Are you on the same server as therealk1ll3r?

nope , sucks that this issue is here though. I just want to play with my friend for hours but this problem occurs so much it makes him not want to play. :(

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: MP Desync issue - crc test failed??

Post by Loewchen »

Moved not directly related post.

Return to “Desyncs with mods”