My Nuclear Setup

Power Plants, Energy Storage and Reliable Energy Supply. All about efficient energy production. Turning parts of your factory off. Reliable and self-repairing energy.
astroshak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

My Nuclear Setup

Post by astroshak »

In a discussion somewhere on these boards, I got to talking with people about an "ideal" nuclear setup.

Ideal in the sense that it is infinitely scalable (provided you have the long lake) by being repeatedly tiled, in a 2xN setup.

This one is not exactly perfect, but it works very well. Basically, it is half of a 2x4 reactor line, with the reactors in a 2x2 square. Simply rotate the BP 180 degrees and plop it down again to create the 2x4. Repeat this for as long as you need to, to create a 2xN setup.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... A723FBA48/

As you can see in that SS, the top left line of Heat Exchangers and Steam Turbines are not hooked up. They will become hooked up in the next iteration of plopping down this BP. The bottom right line would not normally be hooked up by this BP (not ever, not unless you went down with this BP instead of up), but a few Heat Pipes and it is done.

And I've achieved the maximum output of a 2x8 reactor, as well. 480+640+640+640=2400 MW, or 2.4 GW. If you do not conect that "bottom right" line of heat exchangers with a heat pipe, a 2x4 setup will only produce 1.0 GW, not the 1.12 GW it is capable of.

astroshak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: My Nuclear Setup

Post by astroshak »

And if someone wants to see where I'd put steam tanks for steam storage, here you go :

Note that there's no provision for monitoring the steam tanks. I don't generally store steam to conserve nuclear fuel, not when there's so much uranium available for the processing.

Return to “Energy Production”