Remote Buildable Tileable Nuclear Power Station

Power Plants, Energy Storage and Reliable Energy Supply. All about efficient energy production. Turning parts of your factory off. Reliable and self-repairing energy.
mward
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Remote Buildable Tileable Nuclear Power Station

Post by mward »

Many people avoid nuclear power because of difficulties with connecting up water pipes.
Barrelled water is possible, but can cause a lot more lag.

This design is for a tileable nuclear for which the blueprint can be placed remotely for building via bots. Water is pumped diretly into the biolers. The idea is to find a large lake and fill it in with landfill leaving behind two narrow channels of water, each 2 tiles wide, with a 14 tile gap. The assemblers and power poles in the image below show the spacing. This part can be constructed in advance: make the channels as long as possible.

When more power is needed, simply shift-place another reactor blueprint, landfill two 2x2 "bridges" for the heat pipes, and place the blueprint again. You should not need to shift for the second placement which will also include the heatpipes. Doing it this way means that you don't have to measure out in advance exactly where the bridges for the heatpipes will need to go.
reactor2.png
reactor2.png (1.37 MiB) Viewed 14753 times
Here is one side of the full reactor (see below for an updated version):
reactor1.png
reactor1.png (2.64 MiB) Viewed 14753 times
Radars, roboports and laser turrets are included in the blueprint.

Blueprint for the water channel spacer:

Reactor blueprint:
Attachments
Tileable_Water_Trench_Reactor.txt
(4.19 KiB) Downloaded 197 times
Water_Trench_Spacer.txt
(318 Bytes) Downloaded 192 times
Last edited by mward on Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vanatteveldt
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Remote Buildable Tileable Nuclear Power Station

Post by vanatteveldt »

Cool idea. I guess if you make a supply train with the needed materials (including landfill) you can indeed just fill up the ocean with plants like this. Will try this out sometime :)

Can't it be made a bit narrower if you place the turbines vertically somehow?

mward
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mward »

vanatteveldt wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:03 pm
Cool idea. I guess if you make a supply train with the needed materials (including landfill) you can indeed just fill up the ocean with plants like this. Will try this out sometime :)
My reactors have always been within the main roboport network, so this has not been an issue. I use buffer chests to ensure a good supply of landfill near the reactor. If the best location is some distance away, then a supply train will work: send the train when it has enough supplies and activate the receiving train stop when it gets short of supplies.
vanatteveldt wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:03 pm
Can't it be made a bit narrower if you place the turbines vertically somehow?
Good idea! Two vertical turbines don't allow room for steam pipes, but a combination of vertical and horizontal turbines is more compact: [Edit: I just noticed that the underground pipe for steam was missing on the right! The blueprint has been updated.]
reactor3.png
reactor3.png (1.33 MiB) Viewed 14673 times
Here is an updated blueprint:
Attachments
Tileable_Water_Trench_Reactor5.txt
(4.39 KiB) Downloaded 182 times

vanatteveldt
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vanatteveldt »

I was trying to design a tileable plant along these lines as well, and I think that you are not using optimal ratios, right?

If i understand the 'nuclear ratios' post correctly, for every 2 reactors you need 32 exchangers, but you only include 24 per pair. I suppose that does make the fluid piping and heat transfer parts a lot easier...

mward
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mward »

vanatteveldt wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:34 am
If i understand the 'nuclear ratios' post correctly, for every 2 reactors you need 32 exchangers, but you only include 24 per pair. I suppose that does make the fluid piping and heat transfer parts a lot easier...
The design is optimised around the offshore pumps: each pump outputs 1200 units of water per second, which can feed 20 steam turbines which in turn need 12 heat exchangers.

Wasted heat is just wasted Uranium 235 (with a tiny waste of space and materials for the actual reactors). I can understand the intellectual challenge of trying to build a reactor which uses the minimum amount of U235, but in practice (especially once Kovorax is working), you will soon have more U235 than you can possibly use in any number of reactors!

vanatteveldt
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vanatteveldt »

Makes sense. I'll see if I can find a way to use 3 pumps per side, but I guess that might be a challenge :)

(the nice thing is, of course, nothing is ultimately scarce in the end, except maybe UPS. So whether you are optimizing simplicity, elegance, U235, space use, etc, is up to you...)

MeduSalem
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MeduSalem »

Here is my approach to the tile-able nuclear power plant which I am using in a 1000SPM vanilla base (which is the furthest I have ever gotten in Vanilla without running into lags, tried a 4k one but had to abandon it due to lag, maybe a 2k one is still possible but currently I am off to playing with Angel-Bobs)...

Basically I am using a repeatable 2x5 Reactor module and place it as often as necessary to achieve the power output. I found it to result in the best possible number ratio and design I have found in the past 2 years and I have done several dozen.

- 10 reactors with maximum adjacency effect generate 1600MW... requiring 160 Heat exchangers.
- I place 80 heat exchangers on each side of the reactor block in 8 rows with each 10 heat exchangers.
- A single offshore pump is enough to keep 10 heat exchangers fed. First I had double per row but it turned out not to be necessary. Could still double up again if I needed to.
- 10 heat exchangers feed 16 Steam turbines (combined to 20 feeding 32) (which is something like 1 or 2 less than what would be required per row but it makes the steam engines look better and also a repeatable blueprint)
- Everything is chunk-aligned where possible, fitting into my other module system i am using for the rest of the base.

Brace yourself... I like it a little more spaceous for the aesthetics.

Overview of the reactors, heat exchangers and water trenches:
Power Plant.JPG
Power Plant.JPG (500.91 KiB) Viewed 14509 times

The steam engines to the right side (the left side of the reactors is just a mirrored rigt side):
Power Plant 3.JPG
Power Plant 3.JPG (488.38 KiB) Viewed 14509 times

Closer look on a said 2x5 module with the heat exchangers (In the top left you can also see a lonely forlorn single decider combinator that checks the amount of steam and tells all reactors to switch on simultenously, each reactor has a simple circuit to keep track of its own fuel cycle):
Power Plant 2.JPG
Power Plant 2.JPG (361.18 KiB) Viewed 14509 times

I know... the water trenches are further apart requiring a broader lake to be landfilled but when doing the trenches near to the reactor I ran into symmetry and spacing problems with the heatpipes and heat exchangers and the roboports wouldn't have reached the fuel chests. Which is the reason I am using long-handed inserters, it just reaches them by 1 tile, friggin perfect 👌 ... haha. Couldn't have placed the roboports closer without breaking chunk-alignment. Also I didn't like that I would have had to break the trench up for the heatpipes to cross... I like it more if they run all the way through, gives it a much neater feel.

Probably could use less tanks, but when I first built it I massively overgenerated with the reactors going up to 1000 degree when the base wasn't as big yet and didn't draw all the power and then somewhen after a lot of trial and error I found this amount of tanks to be a safe bet when the reactors are shutting down for longer periods.

While I am happy that there is nuclear power at all I still think that the reactor-adjacency bonus mechanic is in dire need of a rework because there is not really much room for experimentation... all you can do is 2xN setups and that's kinda boring in the long run. The bonus effect should be more like an area of effect much like beacons so that you can try different setups.

vanatteveldt
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vanatteveldt »

Cool design. I was trying to get a nice 2x4 working. I was trying 'banks' of 8 reactors as that is very easy for the fluid dynamics and each reactor needs 2x8 exchangers, but it was quite bulky and hard to find room for the pumps. Every reactor needs 103.1 fluid input/output, so it's quite constraining to look at fluid dynamics:

Code: Select all

#exchangers | fluid | max pipes between pumps
          8 |   825 | 200 
         10 |  1031 | 100
         11 |  1134 |  20
         12 |  1238 |  12
         14 |  1444 |   7
         16 |  1650 |   3
So... 8 or 10 exchangers per pipe means essentially no pumps needed. 11 is doable and 12 exchangers might be possible (not sure how the exchangers themselves count in the 12, but should be doable. 14 or 16 are almost impossible.

4 reactors need 64 exchangers, so 6x11 could work in principle, each bank feeding into 18 or 19 turbines. I'll see if I can make it work :)

5 reactors need 80 exchangers, so your solution of 8x10 is also a good idea. [edit: just realized you combine the output of 20 exchangers on a single pipe, which necessitates your use of pumps to keep enough pressure before the split]

BTW, good idea to place the trench on the other side, makes the terraforming easier and gives a bit more room for pumps too.

mward
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mward »

This is an interesting design: can you also post the blueprint? I like that the trenches are unobstructed: there is a clear trade-off between having a smaller gap between the trenches (so needing only a narrow lake to start with) and having a design which is simple to place. Both have their advantages.

vanatteveldt says that I should have 32 exchangers per 2 reactors instead of only 24. True, but another way to look at it is that I have 4 reactors in each slice when I only need 3 for this many heat exchangers and turbines. So the number that is wrong is that I have too many reactors: but I can't reduce the number of reactors without losing the adjacency bonus. Even so, it is still pretty space-efficient: which is what I was going for with this design.

vanatteveldt
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vanatteveldt »

OK, that was actually easier than expected. Had to fiddle a bit with the pumps and layout to get something pleasing, but quite happy with the result.

Setup:
- Chunks of 2x4 reactors, i.e. 4 on each side. This should give 640MW, it gives 638-639, but I guess that's good enough for now.
- 64 heat exchangers, which are put in 6 columns of 11, with 22 exchangers sharing an output pipe. This requires pumps, it seems that 4 pumps on the end are required (i.e. in between and after the last 4 exchangers)
- 110 turbines placed in 6 columns of 18 or 19

Reactors and exchangers.

Basic design is simply 6x11 exchangers. I strip two exchangers at the bottom to make room for a roboport. The medium power poles are shared between adjacent chunks, there was no room for large or substations without breaking the exchanger banks.

The pumps in the middle column could not easily get electricity, so it only has 2 pumps. To compensate, there is a connection at the bottom between the columns, so the outer columns can transport the overflow.

At the top the steam of all exchangers is combined directly after the pump and then piped towards the turbines. This should be able to get the required flow to the turbines, checked by placing fluid voids and checking consumption.
Reactors and exchangers

Turbines
Pretty boring, just 6 long columns of turbines with a shared substation between them and shared roboports in gaps left by removing the 4 'extra' turbines.
Turbines

2.5MW setup

To show the tiling, I made a 2x8 setup (e.g. 4 times 4 reactors, two on each side). It seems to work as advertised:
2.5MW setup
The design is rotational but not mirrored because of the heat banks. If that really pushes your OCD you could split the banks in two and work with substations, but for me this is fine :)

Blueprints containing a spacer, landfill, and one 4xreactor design which can be rotated and tiled
blueprints
[/spoiler]
Last edited by vanatteveldt on Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mward
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mward »

Just a small reminder: for this to be remote buildable you will need radar coverage. Is there room to add radars to the design?

vanatteveldt
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vanatteveldt »

mward wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:12 pm
Just a small reminder: for this to be remote buildable you will need radar coverage. Is there room to add radars to the design?
Whoops, never thought about that.

Good thing, the answer is 'yes'. You can place a radar next to the roboport close to the channel, which provides enough coverage. I haven't updated the blueprint though, so that needs to be added.

MeduSalem
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MeduSalem »

vanatteveldt wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:59 am
5 reactors need 80 exchangers, so your solution of 8x10 is also a good idea. [edit: just realized you combine the output of 20 exchangers on a single pipe, which necessitates your use of pumps to keep enough pressure before the split]

BTW, good idea to place the trench on the other side, makes the terraforming easier and gives a bit more room for pumps too.
Yeah, the current fluid physics in the game are a nightmare. I am really annoyed by them in Vanilla, especially with bigger bases where you have to put hundreds if not millions of fluid through a pipe and just doesn't work without adding a pump after every underground pipe and even then it completely sucks when you come to crossings or other stuff.

When I tried to do the 4k SPM base I really lost it because the oil industry completely failed because of the fluid physics. I couldn't get the amount of water/oil to the refineries and the petrol gas also didn't want to go through the pipes. A real nightmare, especially when you can't place 2 pipes next to each other without connecting... so doing parallel stuff also doesn't really work. So in the end you have to split up the setup into seperate, smaller self-sustaining chunks that work.

I think I once tested the powerplant under full load without the pumps and I think it still barely worked without too much backing up (maybe a handful of the furthest heat exchangers backed up or so)... the pumps are just there to ensure it.

I really wish they would change the fluid physics to a pooled system where the pipeset is a "pool" and machines insert or take from that pool and the flow graphics just being "simulated" for the sake of aesthetics. There is no way they are getting the fluid phyiscs to be reliable and performant at the same time in any other fashion.
mward wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:55 am
This is an interesting design: can you also post the blueprint? I like that the trenches are unobstructed: there is a clear trade-off between having a smaller gap between the trenches (so needing only a narrow lake to start with) and having a design which is simple to place. Both have their advantages.
Here is a blueprint of a 2x5 module from above:

Code: Select all

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
You might have to fiddle around a little using a waterfill mod or whatever to get the blueprint to line up with the trenches so it becomes buildable. Or manually remove the offshore pumps from the blueprint and place it without and then re-add them later when you are done with the trench. ^^

mward
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mward »

MeduSalem wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:24 pm
You might have to fiddle around a little using a waterfill mod or whatever to get the blueprint to line up with the trenches so it becomes buildable. Or manually remove the offshore pumps from the blueprint and place it without and then re-add them later when you are done with the trench. ^^
This is why I made a blueprint for a spacer for the trenches.

One less fiddly way to set up the trenches without using waterfill:
  1. Use landfill to fill in a solid line at one end of the lake
  2. Temporarily force-place the blueprint on the edge of this line of land (the offshore pumps cannot be placed, of course)
  3. This will tell you where the trenches need to be, so fill in the lake, outlining the trenches, until you have enough for one slice
  4. Delete the original placement and re-place the blueprint over the trenches: it should now be placeable

vanatteveldt
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vanatteveldt »

Yeah, I did the same: I made a spacer (with hazard concrete) that shows the location of the reactions, trenches, and outer limit; and a landfill blueprint that you can just plop down over a (partial) lake.

DJQuad
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by DJQuad »

Very nice! It sometimes stops and I'm not sure why. It seems like it's not inserting the fuel cells even though there's some in the chest. Does this help?
Attachments
nosteam.png
nosteam.png (2.35 MiB) Viewed 11436 times

mward
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mward »

It looks like your inserters have red or green wires: check the circuit conditions. If there is no circuit condition then the inserter will not operate.

DJQuad
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by DJQuad »

Isn't the correct circuit condition included in the blueprint?

DJQuad
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by DJQuad »

circuitnoworky.png
circuitnoworky.png (1.64 MiB) Viewed 11402 times

MeduSalem
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MeduSalem »

DJQuad wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:41 am
[...]
You need to supply the "reactor on" signal on the green wire. A single constant combinator somwhere outputting 1 on the "reactor" circuit network channel does the job.

It allowed me to switch all the reactors on/off at once... depending on steam levels in the tank for example.

Return to “Energy Production”