The perfect OCD compliant nuclear power plant! --- Now v2.4!

Power Plants, Energy Storage and Reliable Energy Supply. All about efficient energy production. Turning parts of your factory off. Reliable and self-repairing energy.
mophydeen
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Perfect reactor design? Completely controlled by combinators

Post by mophydeen »

Distelzombie wrote:Haha, sorry I just changes this logic! :D I could get rid of three combinators. (Aeternus was right. But he didnt knew why or didnt bother with telling me.)
But maybe it is more easily understandable now:
Tick generator is gone and the first combinator of the memory cell wasnt needed.

I'll update the blueprint when I finished testing the blueprint to make sure im not uploading crap.

design update :D
Screenshot from 2017-05-15 21-46-57.png
Screenshot from 2017-05-15 21-46-57.png (1.58 MiB) Viewed 6143 times
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kozp1447xnrkh ... 0.txt?dl=0

PS: not sure if the circuit network is still working

MicFac
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MicFac »

Distelzombie wrote:Haha, sorry I just changes this logic! :D I could get rid of three combinators. (Aeternus was right. But he didnt knew why or didnt bother with telling me.)
Tick generator is gone and the first combinator of the memory cell wasnt needed.

I'll update the blueprint when I finished testing the blueprint to make sure im not uploading crap.
Yeah, I wondered what the first combinator in the memory cell even was for :D

Distelzombie
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Distelzombie »

mophydeen wrote:PS: not sure if the circuit network is still working
It will not. It has to cover the chests in the control section. This is mandatory.
Also, what did you change?

BTW. Im changing the blueprint very often right now. Better wait a little before you copy it again.
EDIT: Nope im finished. And i saw you changed pipes.
Complete 2-Lane system as a Blueprint-Book! The perfect OCD reactor? Testing chained science lab efficiency Please use real prefixes and proper rounding!

MicFac
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MicFac »

Distelzombie wrote:As long as R is bigger than 9 the output combinator ins outputting a empty-fuel-cell signal with value 100 into the requester chest
Ok, this is probably my last question: why is the combinator set to output after 9 and not a smaller number?

MicFac
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MicFac »

mophydeen wrote:

design update :D
Screenshot from 2017-05-15 21-46-57.png
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kozp1447xnrkh ... 0.txt?dl=0

PS: not sure if the circuit network is still working
Thanks for making the setup more OCD friendly :D

mophydeen
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mophydeen »

Distelzombie wrote:
mophydeen wrote:PS: not sure if the circuit network is still working
It will not. It has to cover the chests in the control section. This is mandatory.
Also, what did you change?

BTW. Im changing the blueprint very often right now. Better wait a little before you copy it again.
EDIT: Nope im finished. And i saw you changed pipes.
chests are covered. I moved the chests and roboports up.

Distelzombie
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Distelzombie »

MicFac wrote:Ok, this is probably my last question: why is the combinator set to output after 9 and not a smaller number?
Meh. In testing the clock sometimes stopped later than R=2 or 5, so i used a save value.
mophydeen wrote:chests are covered. I moved the chests and roboports up.
Yea, I saw that later. Actually I found an even better way of doing the pipes and heatpipes.(It looks very good) Im testing it now. Later I'll update the blueprint and picture. (again -.-)
It always bothered me, but circuits came first.
Complete 2-Lane system as a Blueprint-Book! The perfect OCD reactor? Testing chained science lab efficiency Please use real prefixes and proper rounding!

mophydeen
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mophydeen »

Distelzombie wrote:
MicFac wrote:Ok, this is probably my last question: why is the combinator set to output after 9 and not a smaller number?
Meh. In testing the clock sometimes stopped later than R=2 or 5, so i used a save value.
mophydeen wrote:chests are covered. I moved the chests and roboports up.
Yea, I saw that later. Actually I found an even better way of doing the pipes and heatpipes.(It looks very good) Im testing it now. Later I'll update the blueprint and picture. (again -.-)
It always bothered me, but circuits came first.
Ty

Distelzombie
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Distelzombie »

mophydeen wrote:updated: better ocd proof

tomorrow I'll have a look why my circuit network doesnt seem to work
Nah, I like mine better now. :P (Also your placement of these "you have to tear them up"-Constant combinators is weird.
Attachments
Reactor design.png
Reactor design.png (3.31 MiB) Viewed 6109 times

mophydeen
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mophydeen »

ty.

Do you have to fill it manually the first time?

pasted the blueprint, added robots, robots move, each requester contains 24 fuel, then nothing ..

Distelzombie
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Distelzombie »

mophydeen wrote:ty.

pasted the blueprint, added robots and it's not starting ..
Does it have fuel?
Did you turn the constant combinator on?

Connect outside logistics network only to the included Roboport on the bottom. Fuel will get delivered to the requester chest if there is fuel in your base. Then wait until the reactor requester chests all have fuel in them

mophydeen
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mophydeen »

Distelzombie wrote:
mophydeen wrote:ty.

pasted the blueprint, added robots and it's not starting ..
Does it have fuel?
Did you turn the constant combinator on?

Connect outside logistics network only to the included Roboport on the bottom. Fuel will get delivered to the requester chest if there is fuel in your base.
ty

Distelzombie
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Distelzombie »

How can I make this more clear? There is a row of combinators telling you what to do. (If placed horizontally)

mophydeen
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mophydeen »

Distelzombie wrote:How can I make this more clear? There is a row of combinators telling you what to do. (If placed horizontally)
hey, you're right. I don't do Ikea. I'm for antiques.

autostart?, power switch?

I was thinking what the combinators were for. They weren't connected

ps: not all players enable the combinator graphics

Distelzombie
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Distelzombie »

mophydeen wrote:
Distelzombie wrote:How can I make this more clear? There is a row of combinators telling you what to do. (If placed horizontally)
hey, you're right. I don't do Ikea. I'm for antiques.

autostart?, power switch?

I was thinking what the combinators were for. They weren't connected

ps: not all players enable the combinator graphics
Hm... youre right. But it isnt possible to autostart it because there has to be fuel in it before you do.
I'll put a picture of the combinators in the OP.

EDIT: Better?

Aeternus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Perfect Reactor Logic? The perfect OCD compliant power plant

Post by Aeternus »

I did post my own designs as examples :)
If anything is unclear about those, just ask.

Distelzombie
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Distelzombie »

Aeternus wrote:I did post my own designs as examples :)
If anything is unclear about those, just ask.
I did. In your thread.

Also since then I could get rid of 5 combinators. Just now I removed two.

EDIT: Apparently I did not. I could have sworn! Anyway looks like you use 8 combinators, I use 10. Ill take a look at it in a few minutes
EDIT: I didi it in this viewtopic.php?f=16&t=45784&start=20#p274442

xBlizzDevious
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by xBlizzDevious »

Distelzombie wrote:-snip-
Hello! I have just come across from this thread about my nuclear power issues: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=47663

Had a quick look and the system looks impressive and would store steam for more suitable power production. Would it be most efficient - and possible - for me to use a 4x4 reactor setup (with modded inserters for range) and for me to hack your controller logic into that system?

Ie. I can produce 2.56GW, but will only use half of that. Then as I consume more and more power, it will accommodate?

Distelzombie
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Distelzombie »

xBlizzDevious wrote:Hello! I have just come across from this thread about my nuclear power issues: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=47663

Had a quick look and the system looks impressive and would store steam for more suitable power production. Would it be most efficient - and possible - for me to use a 4x4 reactor setup (with modded inserters for range) and for me to hack your controller logic into that system?

Ie. I can produce 2.56GW, but will only use half of that. Then as I consume more and more power, it will accommodate?
A 4x4 setup would be impossible in vanilla. With mods it would work fine if you find a inserter that reaches the inner 4.
The logic can be used almost without changing it. All you need to do is change the T-value and connect the inserters and chests of the reactors. The T-combinator can be found for easy use in the control section. In the picture of it it is the blue highlighted one.

This setup scales perfectly for low power consumption. You may need to fiddle with the steam threshold T though - to not have brown outs when coming from low power comsumption to very high demand because of heat lag.

EDIT: Remembered i wanted to include this into OP but always forgot. Did it now.

Return to “Energy Production”