another nuclear setup - 8 reactors

Power Plants, Energy Storage and Reliable Energy Supply. All about efficient energy production. Turning parts of your factory off. Reliable and self-repairing energy.
MicFac
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

another nuclear setup - 8 reactors

Post by MicFac »

The setup should produce over 1.1 GW, 8 reactors to 112 heat exchangers to 196 stream turbines. Note that you shouldn't make the water pipes too long, according to this post. the fuel inserters are circuit controlled because reactors use up fuel even when theres enough heat already.
Pictures of the setup, they dont have the best resolution because i cant upload high res pictures to imgur with my internet.
Blueprint string
I would also really appreciate feedback and tips to improve the setup :)

Distelzombie
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: another nuclear setup - 8 reactors

Post by Distelzombie »

Your inserter insert 5 fuel cells into the reactors. There should always be only one in them. Need more combinators. :)
Complete 2-Lane system as a Blueprint-Book! The perfect OCD reactor? Testing chained science lab efficiency Please use real prefixes and proper rounding!

MicFac
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MicFac »

I think Im not good enough with combinators to do that :D. Could you post a blueprint string or a picture of how I could do that?

Distelzombie
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Distelzombie »

MicFac wrote:I think Im not good enough with combinators to do that :D. Could you post a blueprint string or a picture of how I could do that?
Dont have one myself yet. but you can do it by reading what the inserter is holding, feeding that signal into a memory cell (connected with itself) and reset the memory cell after 200s if steam values are low... some more stuff needed, but that about it. guess i have one now. Im gonna build it...
Complete 2-Lane system as a Blueprint-Book! The perfect OCD reactor? Testing chained science lab efficiency Please use real prefixes and proper rounding!

MicFac
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MicFac »

I think I know how to do a timer but I dont know what a memery cell is. Thanks for building the setup :)

Distelzombie
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Distelzombie »

... I build a graph showing consumption of items from a belt over 60s, including a three digit display, showing consumption per second, that I build from scratch totally by myself ... but this nuclear stuff is really complicated! WTH! It is insane!

MicFac
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MicFac »

Distelzombie wrote:... I build a graph showing consumption of items from a belt over 60s, including a three digit display, showing consumption per second, that I build from scratch totally by myself ... but this nuclear stuff is really complicated! WTH! It is insane!
The one with the belt sounds very complicated already! Good luck with the nuclear design if you still wanna go on making it

Distelzombie
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Distelzombie »

MicFac wrote:The one with the belt sounds very complicated already! Good luck with the nuclear design if you still wanna go on making it
It took a while but I got it:
viewtopic.php?f=208&t=47556

Return to “Energy Production”