Nuclear plant blueprint (8 cores)

Power Plants, Energy Storage and Reliable Energy Supply. All about efficient energy production. Turning parts of your factory off. Reliable and self-repairing energy.
ealrann
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Nuclear plant blueprint (8 cores)

Post by ealrann »

Hello,

A simple nuclear power plant (8 cores, ~1.1GW). The 12 pumps are on the same side. I used the ratios from : https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comme ... ar_ratios/
It fits perfectly between Robot Ports.

(edit: No steam management, no inserters control. The main reason is that I don't need this kind of "complex" setup since the enrichment process produce more fuel cell than I'll need. So KISS : Keep It Simple, Symmetric ;) )

The blueprint :

https://pastebin.com/raw/0eDzhKQC
Last edited by ealrann on Sun May 14, 2017 12:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MicFac
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Nuclear plant blueprint (8 cores)

Post by MicFac »

That looks awesome! You should circuit control the fuel inserters though I think, because reactors use up fuel even when they dont need to produce more heat

ealrann
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ealrann »

Yes, I think too. I'll post an update if I do it.

edit: finally, I don't plan to do it :D too much power cell to loose time in energy production for the moment.
Last edited by ealrann on Sun May 14, 2017 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MicFac
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MicFac »

You should mabe setup steam tanks and control the inserters with the amount of steam. Another method (which isnt as good but doesnt require changing up things that much) is using an accumulatorm to see if there is enough power.

Distelzombie
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Distelzombie »

You got 200 turbines. 193 would be enough. (192.4) Heat exchanger are ok, though. :)

This setup looks good, but it is only useful if you have a base that needs MORE than 1120MW. Otherwise you need to include tanks.
Complete 2-Lane system as a Blueprint-Book! The perfect OCD reactor? Testing chained science lab efficiency Please use real prefixes and proper rounding!

ealrann
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ealrann »

Distelzombie wrote:You got 200 turbines. 193 would be enough. (192.4) Heat exchanger are ok, though. :)
There is some extra turbines for two reasons :
- The symmetry (because it is important :D)
- There is 4 separated steam network here (up, left, right, down), don't ask why :D, I just supposed it was a good idea when I did it. So I had to ensure that each network is above the ratio.
Distelzombie wrote:This setup looks good, but it is only useful if you have a base that needs MORE than 1120MW. Otherwise you need to include tanks.
I had some tanks in my 4 cores version, but it appears to me that it's practically useless without inserter control. I think tanks (without inserters control) can be usefull only if you have some solar to complete you nuclear energy production : the night you could consume steam, and the day save extra steam. But this need a specific balance between steam and solar, that I wasn't able to maintain.

But, on top of all of it : with the enrichment process, I have too much nuclear cell, for hundreds of play game hour, so I don't want to spend too much time in a complex energy setup. Keep it simple, symmetric :D

Return to “Energy Production”