Night switch for steam engines based on combinators

Power Plants, Energy Storage and Reliable Energy Supply. All about efficient energy production. Turning parts of your factory off. Reliable and self-repairing energy.
Zhab
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Night switch for steam engines based on combinators

Post by Zhab »

MadZuri wrote:If I had access to the wiki, I would prolly delete ...
Well they don't need to give you access to include your design in the wiki. They just need your permission to do so.
MadZuri wrote:Edit: Maybe not delete, but add some heavy caveats as to when they are applicable, including pros and cons to each type of design. Belt swappers are completely useless, rebalancers are a sign of poor design (its better to design an inherently balanced system or only feed one side and have a simple 1-splitter balancer) and buffer systems should be limited to what you can easily move in under a minute or for the 2 important exceptions: fuel for power systems or oil barrels. Don't get me started on the whole rail loops vs intersections thing...
Well good wiki should expose pros and cons of both sides when covering controversial subjects. That is actually a rule on wikipedia. Especially about science subjects with clashing theories.

vampiricdust
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vampiricdust »

When I get home I will post some images on a night detector that needs a pole, tank, water pump, small pump, and a combinator. It can make a pretty fune controlled power switch with a few combinators and small pumps.

Legoman165
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Legoman165 »

Reticality wrote: Remember you can shift right click power poles to disconnect them and use the copper cable item to connect specific poles.
I didn't know that was a thing!

Return to “Energy Production”