Compact 4.8 GW Nuclear Reactor

Power Plants, Energy Storage and Reliable Energy Supply. All about efficient energy production. Turning parts of your factory off. Reliable and self-repairing energy.
Feltcherab
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Compact 4.8 GW Nuclear Reactor

Post by Feltcherab » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:56 pm

Super! I'm deploying it immediately!

Although for my taste there is a lot of unnecessary items, like walls, concrete and lasers, so laying it down will take a while. But the design looks so nice, it's worth the wait!

Your efforts are very much appreciated!!

Feltcherab
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Feltcherab » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:54 am

Super! I've deployed it immediately yesterday evening!

For my taste, there is a lot of unnecessary items, like walls, concrete and lasers. Specifically the concrete is a huge load, like 6 cargowagons full of concrete :D It's almost worth while to setup it's own small concrete factory locally. So laying it down will take a while, but the design looks so nice, it's worth the wait!

An additional point I had to consider is the location, due to my personal map settings the lakes are rather small and plentiful. I placed the plant between two lakes, one above and one below to make sure enough water can be fed into this beast.

I really appreciate this design!!

vanatteveldt
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vanatteveldt » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:56 pm

if you open the blueprint and (right?) click on the walls, concrete etc in the top overview they are all removed from the print

Ranger_Aurelien
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Ranger_Aurelien » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:55 pm

Lisp Wizard wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:33 pm
I finally found enough time to create a new version of the reactor. As usual, feedback is most welcome. Have fun!
A suggestion for the next print version: please include landfill tiles under so we can paste it as a new island exact size as intended with the dozens of pipes at the sides... (or over small water features in the center).

(I do know about waterfill mods so we can create water as needed, but the above is more compatible with vanilla)

Thanks!
-
Ranger Aurelien
"Knowledge Brings Fear" -- Motto of Mars University, Futurama

vanatteveldt
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vanatteveldt » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:08 pm

There's a mod that adds landfill to all tiles under a blueprint, quite useful for situations like this!

Return to “Energy Production”