nuclear enrichment tiny and efficient modular design

Power Plants, Energy Storage and Reliable Energy Supply. All about efficient energy production. Turning parts of your factory off. Reliable and self-repairing energy.
graaam101
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

nuclear enrichment tiny and efficient modular design

Post by graaam101 »

Hi everyone

Please find my design for a completely self sustaining (with a manual start) and space efficient kovarex enrichment design.

Best thing to do is check the images below and then use the blueprint book (bottom of this post) - there is a left module, a right module and a both module in the book - so you can do whatever set-up you require.

One thing to note that is very important (just in case it doesn't load correctly from the book) - the setting for the 'output' filter inserter (U235) - stack size must be over-ridden to 1.

The final picture shows a beaconed version that is tileable as well but isn't in the book I am afraid (easy to do yourself.)

Pros
* Tiny Footprint
* Completely Tileable
* minimal U235 requirement for self-sustaining (80 U235 per pair)
* Once you have enough uranium235 for two they can be left to run to supply the U235 for more and more of these set-ups
* Only need to supply U238 after initial set-up
* Once using the 'both' design (4 centrifuges) it inherently balances the output belt on its own - not that it is likely you will ever saturate a belte with U235 but i like balanced belts :D
Cons
*can be a bit fiddly to set-up (have to move U235 from one to another after first run to get the balance right).
* if U238 backs up then it can stall the system and require restarting (easy to fix with an input limiter on the U238 line)

Variations
* If you have filter stack inserters then replace the middle two with these - makes the process even more efficient
* If you want to run a line directly from your uranium processing plants then you need to replace the blue fast inserter with a filter inserter set to U238

The design takes a little manual work to get going as you have to manual place 40 U235 in each centrifuge (and then watch it for a couple of minutes to ensure the balance is right - adding 1 / removing one U235 from either centrifuge that isn't working) but once it works it is self sustaining.
Explanation of how to start it up
First - gather 80 U235 (takes ages I know).

Then place 40 U235 in the output slot of the bottom Centrifuge.

Straight after place 40 U235 in the output slot of the top centrifuge.

If you are feeding U238 in the belt (look for the blue inserter side to know which is which) then both centrifuges should jump into life.

When the first cycle is complete you may find that one centrifuge doesn't start up again once they pass U235 back and forth, if this is the case just move U235 into that one until it starts again.

Finally once it is balanced removed any extra U235 to avoid wastage.

Enjoy and let me know if you use this design!!

right nuclear kovarax.PNG
right nuclear kovarax.PNG (844.81 KiB) Viewed 1656 times
both nuclear kovarex.PNG
both nuclear kovarex.PNG (1.14 MiB) Viewed 1656 times
tiled nuclear kovarex.PNG
tiled nuclear kovarex.PNG (1.44 MiB) Viewed 1656 times
Please note the beaconed design isn't in the book, but with that design output is +600% so worth doing if you have the power available, is easy enough to roll your own on that one.
beaconed
beaconed
beaconed.PNG (889.34 KiB) Viewed 1640 times

blueprint book

Return to “Energy Production”