1000 SPM - Compact belt Factory - No robots, some mods

Clever and beautiful constructions, bigger than two chunks
- Defense: killing biters as an art
- Castles, Throne Rooms, Decorations (comfortable living in the Factorio World)
- Main Bus Concepts
- Modular Systems, Factory Streets, show how all works together
- Megabases
Please provide us with blueprints or saves, if that makes sense of course.
Forum rules
Clever and beautiful constructions, bigger than two chunks
MrWizard138
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

1000 SPM - Compact belt Factory - No robots, some mods

Post by MrWizard138 »

Hello everybody,

This is my first post ever. Build a lot of bases but never uploaded any. usually I did 1000 SPM Robot factory's and wasn't really worth sharing. But I found a great mod so you can make beautiful big factory's whit belts. So this is my first. It is a 1000 SPM factory with no military science. And it's running on 60FPS/60UPS.
1000SPM Factory Small.png
1000SPM Factory Small.png (4.16 MiB) Viewed 1784 times
So I used beltbox loaders so I can get more resources on the belts (Stack of 5) and I use belts that have a speed of 60 items/s, I don't like building a lot of belts in my factory. So this was a great mod I found :D. The idea is that stacked resources come in on the left where the trains are. This is the case for everything except Coal, but I might change coal to in the future. With the same idea I used bobs assemblers, these are faster so it can be more compact. Probably a lot of you prefer the original ones. But I think a little more compact design is nicer. I didn't use the bob modules, because that is just overkill in so many ways.
Production.jpg
Production.jpg (70.45 KiB) Viewed 1784 times
Smooth 1k for all 6. You can't see white here, it's on the top right.

All the resources are made in separate factory's. For the iron and copper plates I build the smelting directly at the source and for the Steel plates trains come in with Iron plates. The trains are all electric and the 4 wagons can handle 12k of the stacked resources. There is no upside in the amount of resources you can haul with stacked resources, but the speed it's loaded, is 5 times faster because the stack inserters can now load in stacked resources instead of one at a time.

Power is created at the 5GW nuclear power plant. Or at least I think it's 5GW, it's using about 2,7GW right now.
Circuits.png
Circuits.png (1.71 MiB) Viewed 1784 times
On the bottom middle I build the circuits. I always wanted to make a separate copper cable process and now with the fast stacked belts this was achievable.
Everything in here is stacked. To use the stacked resources a need to first un-stack them before it can go in the factory. Because of the fast processing speeds I needed to calculate how fast the inserters are and how fast the factory makes copper cables and green circuits. I used the express inserters from bobs design or else I need to many of them. The express stack inserter can do about 72 resources per second, with 12 per stack. I didn't use the double beacon config on most of it because it wouldn't fit the design and the speed would have been to great for the inserters to handle.
Refinery.png
Refinery.png (1.08 MiB) Viewed 1784 times
This is the refinery, again I issued the bob refinery for this. It's is faster for compact design. I always get a little dis-balance in the refinery with light oil and petroleum. So this refinery produces more petroleum than it needs and that would eventually lead to a shortage of light oil. I put in a little balancer that stops the light oil -> petroleum conversion if there is more than 12K petroleum. And it works like a charm :D.
Science.png
Science.png (970.04 KiB) Viewed 1784 times
Here is where all the science is produced. I always have a lot of issues with the rails. I looks like the theory is never the the same as the practice. So I eventually just overdid the rails part of it. This was critical, because it runs stable now. Most of the science is running on 1030 but green is just 1022. Strangely enough it's is purple that is slowest one, if I look at how full the belts are.
Rocket.png
Rocket.png (2.5 MiB) Viewed 1784 times
Here is where the magic happens :lol:. No not much to tell. The rockets are launched here. I tried to do it with one rocket, but the launch itself is just to slow to handle the 1000 SPM. Had to make some extra rockets, because I needed 764 rockets per minutes and the factory first did 780, this was just to close to what it needed, that it wasn't sufficient. So now it's doing 815.

So I hope you like my 1000 SPM design. If you have any comments, improvements or question. Let me know.

I used the following mods for this:

Process mods:
- ElectricTrain
- LogisticTrainNetwork
- Warehousing (not needed)
- WaterWell
- Bobs: Assembly, Equipment, Inserters, logisitcs, minining, power.
- Deadlock beltboxes loaders
- Flow Control

Some help tools:
- AfraidOfTheDark
- AutoDeconstruct
- BottleNeck
- Crafting Speed Research
- FARL
- Helicopters
- LTN Tracker
- Max Rate Calculator
- Module Inserter