My giand botbased botbase :)

Clever and beautiful constructions, bigger than two chunks
- Defense: killing biters as an art
- Castles, Throne Rooms, Decorations (comfortable living in the Factorio World)
- Main Bus Concepts
- Modular Systems, Factory Streets, show how all works together
- Megabases
Please provide us with blueprints or saves, if that makes sense of course.
Forum rules
Clever and beautiful constructions, bigger than two chunks
deathroll24
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

My giand botbased botbase :)

Post by deathroll24 »

Dear fellow Factorioheads 😊
First of all, English is not my native language.. im pretty bad at it. So, I hope you guys can forgive me bout my bas grammar and stuff..
<I don’t know if there is anyone else who tried this concept, if so, I didn’t copy!!>

So, I made a big base. One witch can be as big as your computer can handle. Currently I’m producing bout 2k science every minute. However, my cpu isn’t really good so, I’m moving on to a less lagging concept after this post.

This base I made is build up by blocks. Every block makes something else. About 98% is bot based, practical everything that is being made has its own block and in my mind, every production rate is maxed out with bacons. (copper wire has its own, as has train tracks and every other part that science related) and, of course a bot based mall witch makes everything one needs in a building streak.

The biggest drawback is the energy consumption (in my case about 45GW), one need a ridicules amount of nuclear facilities. And, of course, all the bots flying around is a giant Lagging experience.

Well now, Im sharing these blueprints and some pics of my base. I’m particular proud of my rocket fuel and uranium processing blocks. I really would like to know what you thing about these concepts!

<I did get the message I used to much caracters.. So, I have a onedrive link witch contains everything>
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiIYi9cL7AIZjrUevP6 ... w?e=FzEnK4
Overfiew 1 part 7.PNG
Overfiew 1 part 7.PNG (233.94 KiB) Viewed 3027 times
Overfiew 1 part 6.PNG
Overfiew 1 part 6.PNG (1.75 MiB) Viewed 3027 times
Overfiew 1 part 5.PNG
Overfiew 1 part 5.PNG (2.95 MiB) Viewed 3027 times
Overfiew 1 part 4.PNG
Overfiew 1 part 4.PNG (3.79 MiB) Viewed 3027 times
Overfiew 1 part 3.PNG
Overfiew 1 part 3.PNG (2.66 MiB) Viewed 3027 times
Overfiew 1 part 2.PNG
Overfiew 1 part 2.PNG (313.21 KiB) Viewed 3027 times
Overfiew 1 part 1.PNG
Overfiew 1 part 1.PNG (3.37 MiB) Viewed 3027 times
Mining 2.PNG
Mining 2.PNG (2.14 MiB) Viewed 3027 times
Mining 1.PNG
Mining 1.PNG (1.69 MiB) Viewed 3027 times
Mall.PNG
Mall.PNG (1.34 MiB) Viewed 3027 times

Allaizn
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: My giand botbased botbase :)

Post by Allaizn »

Can you upload the map itself too? I'd like to have it for future reference :)

Frightning
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: My giand botbased botbase :)

Post by Frightning »

You may be able to substantially cut down on the UPS impact of your bots by modularizing your setup and using trains to connect the production blocks to each other. It's a concept I've been theorycrafting on for a while (the real art is deciding what things to group together into the each production block; which I'm still working on for my own take on this concept). The reason this is UPS beneficial is because the bot network is roughly O(n)=n^3. Meaning that the amount of work your CPU has to do to manage the bots goes up ~1000x for 10x as many bots in the network. By modularizing, you are now having multiple, smaller networks, which makes the situation much better computationally.

Return to “Medium/Big/Gigantic Sized Structures”