New Hope 4 base

Clever and beautiful constructions, bigger than two chunks
- Defense: killing biters as an art
- Castles, Throne Rooms, Decorations (comfortable living in the Factorio World)
- Main Bus Concepts
- Modular Systems, Factory Streets, show how all works together
- Megabases
Please provide us with blueprints or saves, if that makes sense of course.
Forum rules
Clever and beautiful constructions, bigger than two chunks
zOldBulldog
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

New Hope 4 base

Post by zOldBulldog »

When I was new I gave up on campaigns at New Hope 3 from the frustration of not having enough time to learn the various Factorio concepts and structures without the distraction of biters. So it was not until after a few hundred hours of play that I attempted New Hope 4.

After reading up about the mission, it became quickly obvious that it would be a race against time, so I'd have to take a minimalist and compact approach. I watched the couple of youtube videos available and they looked very rushed and messy. I also saw multiple posts of people frustrated because they couldn't get the mission done.

So I tried to compromise between minimalism and a properly laid out base and came out with this design. I didn't rush but also didn't waste time, and got on the plane with plenty of time on the first try.

- The laser turrets I picked up from the two wrecks.
- To get to the wreck with worms I used the rocket launcher provided.
- I did not waste time on the worms in the south (I can't remember if there were nests, but if there were I took out the nests but ignored the worms).
- I used tanks to buffer steam. This helped a lot to avoid power issues when the lasers fired.
- The chests at the end of the belts collected resources throughout the game, so that when I built the "next" assemblers I could grab from the chests and fill the new assemblers input slots without having to wait for things to be built by prior assemblers. This probably saved me quite a bit of time.
- For the oil processing products I built just one chem plant for each kind, but had left space to add chem plants just in case I needed to expand to speed up production. BTW, I did not bother to research Advanced Oil Processing, it wasn't necessary and I was ready to add more storage tanks if the Light Oil tank filled up and stopped production.

I figured I'd share it for anybody who might be experiencing trouble beating the mission. I left the grid on with the screenshot to help you figure out layout distances. I hope you guys find it useful.
newHope4.jpg
newHope4.jpg (1.01 MiB) Viewed 1996 times

Return to “Medium/Big/Gigantic Sized Structures”