The Wall of Gun

Clever and beautiful constructions, bigger than two chunks
- Defense: killing biters as an art
- Castles, Throne Rooms, Decorations (comfortable living in the Factorio World)
- Main Bus Concepts
- Modular Systems, Factory Streets, show how all works together
- Megabases
Please provide us with blueprints or saves, if that makes sense of course.
Forum rules
Clever and beautiful constructions, bigger than two chunks
Tyras
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

The Wall of Gun

Post by Tyras »

The simplest way to build a wall to keep the Biters out it to use a single wall with a double row of laser turrets behind it, but this method cannot be used while earning the Raining Bullets achievement, and tends to fail against the late game Giant Green Biters. My current save is an attempt to earn the Lazy Bastard, Raining Bullets, Logistic Network Embargo, and Steam All The Way achievements simultaneously; to do so, I needed to design a low maintenance, low power consumption, high output method of killing biters. While accomplishing this task, I designed the type of wall that President Trump only wishes he could build in his dreams. I call it, The Wall of Gun. The design utilizes three Stages of Death. Stage one uses a double row of walls (to prevent Bigger Biters from reaching over and attacking the gun turrets), and two rows of gun turrets supplied by an ammo belt and inserters. This is the base design, and a low-tech version is available for early game usage. Stage two uses a row of flamethrower turrets, supplied by a mostly underground pipeline. Stage three is a row of artillery turrets that deal with any nearby nests, and keep the area around your base clear of Biters. The Wall of Gun is designed in easy to use modules, with each component being a bit larger than one chunk. Each module includes a roboport and radar, to allow easy logistics and situational awareness, and comes with a version both with and without an added railway. Modules include a straight section, a corner section, an inverse corner section, an entrance gate section, and the all-important ammo port section. It is crucial that one does not forget to place at least one ammo section and connect a source of ammo and fuel. When utilized properly, the Wall of Gun can function indefinitely with little or no maintenance, and can even self repair if construction bots and logistics chests are used.

Attachments
Wall of Gun.png
Wall of Gun.png (2.08 MiB) Viewed 7457 times
Try and get me now, silly Biters.

Nomadic Steppe
Inserter
Inserter

Re: The Wall of Gun

Post by Nomadic Steppe »

A little exaggerated, do not you think?

Red_Katana_001
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Red_Katana_001 »

Nomadic Steppe wrote:A little exaggerated, do not you think?
not really I'd say, factorio really has only 3 stages: expanding territory, reloading (both pretty boring at times) and OPEN FIRE.
when this base hits the open fire stage, they know backat earth where to find this dude

Blackt1g3r
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Blackt1g3r »

Red_Katana_001 wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:03 pm
not really I'd say, factorio really has only 3 stages: expanding territory, reloading (both pretty boring at times) and OPEN FIRE.
I like your philosophy. :lol:

Tyras
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Tyras »

I have returned!!! With even more overly gratuitous amounts of death!!

BEHOLD!!

The Wall of Gun v3.0!

… … … …

Or, ya know, you would, if I could get the bp code insert to work and the bp book string wasn't longer than character limit... so instead the bp book string is saved in a text file.
BP Book - Wall of Gun v3.0.txt
(64.75 KiB) Downloaded 145 times
Anyway, where was I... Oh yes,

BEHOLD!

Now fully tileable and with included rails for ease of transportation and grid snapping. Bonus logistic and ammo system connector blueprints included! And for those of you for whom rails aren't your thing, we'll even include a rail-free version too, at no extra charge!
BP Book - Wall of Gun v3.NR.txt
(49.59 KiB) Downloaded 170 times

Guaranteed* to withstand your worst biter infestations, or your money back!**

So go start building your very own Wall of Death today!

*Guarantee is null and void if user forgets to install the ammo port module, the user fails to produce enough ammo to feed The Wall, or the user builds with a biter nest inside the perimeter.
**Since this blueprint book is being distributed for free, for no charge, at zero cost to you, you wont actually get anything back. For complaints, please join the line that begins just outside of the gun turret range and within the flamethrower turret range. We could use more live biter bait.
Try and get me now, silly Biters.

Return to “Medium/Big/Gigantic Sized Structures”