2.4 Rocket per Minute Belt-Megabase

Clever and beautiful constructions, bigger than two chunks
- Defense: killing biters as an art
- Castles, Throne Rooms, Decorations (comfortable living in the Factorio World)
- Main Bus Concepts
- Modular Systems, Factory Streets, show how all works together
- Megabases
Please provide us with blueprints or saves, if that makes sense of course.
Forum rules
Clever and beautiful constructions, bigger than two chunks
daltonmonaie
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

2.4 Rocket per Minute Belt-Megabase

Post by daltonmonaie »

Hi all,

First, i have to say: There was never a better game, that i've played in my hole live. Yay. Super.

Since this Belt / Bot discussion is startet, i've tought to publish my belt-based Mega-factory with huge amount of trains.
The many trains are used to get the Ressources from pretty-far-away to the Factory.

The built is still not finished but it works pretty well now. Only if you are building rockets and at the same time doing the science stuff it will cause in a traffic-Jam.

To start building rockets, you have to put one item in the chest above the player.

It pushs my System (i7 6 years old with 12 GB Ram) absolutly at the Limit. While the Factory is producing i've only 17 UPS left.

Here's the save-file at Wetransfer.com: https://we.tl/rIURGhRqlR

Have a nice Day and Weekend
Greets
Matthias

Mday
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: 2.4 Rocket per Minute Belt-Megabase

Post by Mday »

I've just played around with it, and I'm completely awestruck. Gotta admit, I never loaded a megabase before. It was kind of confusing to view it all, though. A lot of logic, too. I already have the most rediculous trouble understanding train signals, let alone all that combinator black magic. Base also seemed to be idle, or something. I noticed that all your nuclear reactors are offline as well, despite having been loading with enough fuel cells. Probably the logic.

I may have ...borrowed some of your blueprints.
My rig was barely able to keep up, and its a brand new i5 8600k, 16GB, 1080GTX sporting monster.

Edit: I see now how to 'activate' the base. It has some runup time, but after that it's insane. impressive!

daltonmonaie
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: 2.4 Rocket per Minute Belt-Megabase

Post by daltonmonaie »

Thanks for taking a look on it. :-)

I'm still working on it to get a better throughput on the rails and there is an other big issue with the amount of blue circuits while both is running at the same time, science and rocket building.

I will post it, when all is done, but that will last for another many months :-)

Return to “Medium/Big/Gigantic Sized Structures”