Automatically killing biters - Recursive Gun

Clever and beautiful constructions, bigger than two chunks
- Defense: killing biters as an art
- Castles, Throne Rooms, Decorations (comfortable living in the Factorio World)
- Main Bus Concepts
- Modular Systems, Factory Streets, show how all works together
- Megabases
Please provide us with blueprints or saves, if that makes sense of course.
Forum rules
Clever and beautiful constructions, bigger than two chunks
DerGraue
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Automatically killing biters - Recursive Gun

Post by DerGraue »

Hi there,

this is my minimalist way of killing biters automatically and expanding and defending my territory with the recursive blueprints mod.
Basically you have to place the big blueprint from the blueprint book, set everything up, like I explain it in the video and then the Recursive Gun will do your dirty work!

Since pictures describe things better than words, here is my video and the blueprint book:

https://youtu.be/H_xzykBxYIg
Blueprint
A few notes:
- This version is already different from the version I was using in the video so don't worry if this looks and behaves slightly different. This one tries to get repair packs out of the roboports that are not on the front line.
- The amount of robots required depends a lot on the robot speed. I recommend at least 25-35 of each type, if your speed is as slow as mine in the video ( worker speed = 2 :roll: ) or if you want to expand further than 100 lines you should use more logistic bots. More construction bots won't probably help but they won't hurt either.
- I also forgot to mention in the video that you should never request items that are required in the blueprint for the player while you are in the logistic area of the recursive gun. Similar to the personal roboport the logistic bots will steal the items out of the system and deliver it to you. You don't want that.
- Note also how I completely fucked up the setup of the second Recursive Gun. I didn't see that I ctrl-clicked the repair packs into the roboport so they couldn't get requested. Well, it worked all out in the end. :D

Here is a short checklist if you want to use this. Before you enable the "ON/OFF" combinator:
- everything of the main blueprint has been build
. combinators with direction, distance and side turrets are set up correctly
- blueprint book in blueprint deployer. also do not mix the order of the blueprints
- no personal roboport, no requests on the player
- enough bots in the system
- required items are in the requester chest

Now you should be good to go.

Cheers and have fun.

Return to “Medium/Big/Gigantic Sized Structures”