All-in-1 science for v 15 (1 per second all types)

Clever and beautiful constructions, bigger than two chunks
- Defense: killing biters as an art
- Castles, Throne Rooms, Decorations (comfortable living in the Factorio World)
- Main Bus Concepts
- Modular Systems, Factory Streets, show how all works together
- Megabases
Please provide us with blueprints or saves, if that makes sense of course.
Forum rules
Clever and beautiful constructions, bigger than two chunks
Beeblebrox
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

All-in-1 science for v 15 (1 per second all types)

Post by Beeblebrox »

Probably missed a compact set-up on these forums or reddit, so here is my attempt.

http://imgur.com/a/4ZcFF

And a zoomed out version showing the associated circuit and silo (for the white bottles).

http://imgur.com/uRDdVE5

This is all "train-bus" fed. I thought I might try the 1 RPM + enough science to match the 1000 white/min production from rocket mega-challenge but it would take 16 of these science modules.
Attachments
Science+Silo.JPG
Science+Silo.JPG (511.12 KiB) Viewed 5457 times
Science_v15.JPG
Science_v15.JPG (252.83 KiB) Viewed 5457 times

RocketManChronicles
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: All-in-1 science for v 15 (1 per second all types)

Post by RocketManChronicles »

I have noticed that the number of assembling machines for each Science Pack is less than those I've calculated are needed to produce at 1 per second. Is this simply because you are using Tier 3 Assembling Machines and their Crafting Speed allows for fewer total machines? I see four red, five green, and ten blue, but I thought the balance was five red, six, green, and twelve blue?

leitk
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: All-in-1 science for v 15 (1 per second all types)

Post by leitk »

I see you have beacons for the intermediate products, but not for the beaker production.
It really helps, for example, my 1/sec science only has 1 assembler for high tech beakers:
14 seconds / 5.5 (speed with beacons and productivity modules) / 2 / 1.4 (productivity bonus), so it makes beakers faster than 1/second.

It does take some research to get to that point, as well as building all the modules, but even in a worst case design where the beacons only affect the one high tech assembler, it's fewer modules (20) than putting 24 into 6 assemblers.

Return to “Medium/Big/Gigantic Sized Structures”