Symmetrical Smelting Super Base (now with circuits)

Clever and beautiful constructions, bigger than two chunks
- Defense: killing biters as an art
- Castles, Throne Rooms, Decorations (comfortable living in the Factorio World)
- Main Bus Concepts
- Modular Systems, Factory Streets, show how all works together
- Megabases
Please provide us with blueprints or saves, if that makes sense of course.
Forum rules
Clever and beautiful constructions, bigger than two chunks
MantisShrimp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Symmetrical Smelting Super Base (now with circuits)

Post by MantisShrimp »

HINT: YOU CAN RIGHT CLICK VIEW IMAGE FOR THE FULL THING SINCE IT DOESN'T FIT ON THE PAGE!

There's a large part of me that hates myself for playing games like Factorio, cause I'm a super OCD horder. I don't understand people who mine only the ores they need to craft stuff, I mean look all that ore and you're just going to mine only what you need? Don't be ridiculous, I'm mining all of it and then some. This is like the 5th time I've built the smelting hub. There are a couple others similar to this around the map, less symmetrical and thus had to be decommission. Moving over 4 millions thing with trains takes a while since the wagons only hold so much, hopefully they'll add bigger wagons eventually. Also, filters on storage chest would be super nice. Right not I'm not really making anything aside from smelting a couple of stuff as I'm in the process of moving things around and settling into the new base. I need to rebuild the oil industry soon since I'm running out of Advanced Circuits. It'll probably be on the left side along with the circuit production. Everything has -80% energy consumption so even when everything is running, they don't use a lot of energy, though that was a while ago.

Nothing is really running so that's why there's not much population. Though with the efficiency mods, even if they were running, it's not much. I'll have to start making rockets or something now since shotgun got super nerf, which is good since they were way over powered. I've rambo most of the aliens on my map thus far, run in toss slow caps and blast all the spawners then making a run for it. I have 4 exo's in my armor so I run super fast, no need for cars.

The large blue things on the map is my solar farm. It took me a while to settle on the design, but it's very easy. Just pop the blue print and forget about it. I'll pick up the roboports once they're done.

Not a lot of resources obviously since a lot of it is back at the starting area and roughly 2 millions iron ores and 1 million copper ores are at the top left train station. A little left of that is about another 500k iron and 500k copper plates. To the right of the smelting hub is another decommissioned train stop with a bunch of raw resources as well. They're being belted in. Oil barrels are just piling up randomly throughout the maps waiting for train stops to be built.

I really wish filters will be put into storage chest soon. It would make my OCD a lot more manageable.
Last edited by MantisShrimp on Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mincraftdad
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Symmetrical Smelting Super Base

Post by mincraftdad »

Could i get a download link for this world?
Thanks

MtNak
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MtNak »

Really nice base :) A lot of work was put into it.

sillyfly
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sillyfly »

Very nice, not to say - excessive :)

I really liked the idea of including roboports in the blueprint so you can be sure it is covered :)

gustavoghe
Inserter
Inserter

Post by gustavoghe »

Hey there!

Very good looking base! I always try to setup stations on my but they seem out of place. How about a save game link?

Thanks

BurnHard
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BurnHard »

On the pictures it looks like you defined what items to put in which storage chest. If so, how did you manage to do?

MtNak
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MtNak »

BurnHard wrote:On the pictures it looks like you defined what items to put in which storage chest. If so, how did you manage to do?
If a chest has an item, the bots will try to fill it with the same item. :)

SpaceMushroom
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by SpaceMushroom »

Wow, nice base. I would like the download as well :)

MantisShrimp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MantisShrimp »

I'm not really sure which site to upload, so I just Googled it and came up with Mega File Upload. I hope it's okay.

http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/5 ... e-zip.html

WARNING: I did cheat quite a lot on this map, primarily maxed mining and crafting speed on myself, so be careful when you left click on things as it will be mine instantly and if you craft all of something and don't have inventory space, it's going to explode out of you. I restart maps just as often as I rebuild bases, so it's a waste of time to restart from scratch every time. I play the game to build silly things and I don't claim to have done much of it legitimately. The replay option doesn't work since it's across several game versions, so I don't even know why I'm telling you this.

Logistics Bots will apparently place items in the oldest storage chest you've placed, but if there's an identical items already in a storage chest, it will place it in there instead, assuming it's the oldest chest you've placed if there are more than one chest with that item in it. It works pretty well, but it becomes a problem when you request the item, as they'll just empty out your storage chest and then place random stuff in it.

Also, there's a bug with the Active Provider Chests where at some point the bots won't empty it out into storage chests or into requester chests. To fix this, simply place a roboport in the area of coverage the active provider chest is in and pick it up again. It'll reset the bots. You can also fix this by placing a different chest in its place, like a steel chest, and put the active provider chest back again. The problem with this is some chests still have the old 64 stacks and replacing it with a different chest will reset the stack size to 50 and thus item explosion.

That's probably more words than you wanted, but too many smelters is not my only problem. Lol.

MantisShrimp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MantisShrimp »

I finished building the circuits production area. They're not functioning yet since there's no oil production. I didn't realize I used so many tier 3 for the blue circuits, but no big deal since they're super slow. All of the tier 2 factories have tier 2 efficiency mods in them for -80% power while I'm working on 3 tier 3 efficiency and 1 tier 3 speed mods for the tier 3 factories, which won't be possible until oil production is set up. I want to use the productivity mods for the blue circuits, but it's just not really worth it now. Still waiting on the iron field to the left and the stone field below to finish mining before setting up the rest of the oil production. I hate building on top of resources. I always mine them all before setting up.

Der_Doodle
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Symmetrical Smelting Super Base (now with circuits)

Post by Der_Doodle »

Wow!

You take "Build BIG" really really literally :D

pierreyoda
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Symmetrical Smelting Super Base (now with circuits)

Post by pierreyoda »

Awesome ! :D How much power do you consume ?

Return to “Medium/Big/Gigantic Sized Structures”