My 2RPM Train Megabase Tour

Clever and beautiful constructions, bigger than two chunks
- Defense: killing biters as an art
- Castles, Throne Rooms, Decorations (comfortable living in the Factorio World)
- Main Bus Concepts
- Modular Systems, Factory Streets, show how all works together
- Megabases
Please provide us with blueprints or saves, if that makes sense of course.
Forum rules
Clever and beautiful constructions, bigger than two chunks
Stevetrov
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

My 2RPM Train Megabase Tour

Post by Stevetrov »

For those who didn't see it on Reddit, I have made a video tour of my 2RPM Train based megabase.

Here is the video: https://youtu.be/8PXAw6wAbrk

And here is the reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comme ... base_tour/

Enjoy

Jupiter
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: My 2RPM Train Megabase Tour

Post by Jupiter »

Very well done sir! I like your base very much. Trains might even have a much higher throughput than belts do.

Stevetrov
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Stevetrov »

Jupiter wrote:Very well done sir! I like your base very much. Trains might even have a much higher throughput than belts do.
Oh yea trains have a much higher thru put and are more much ups friendly.

vanatteveldt
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vanatteveldt »

Very interesting idea!

In the beginning of the 'tour' you pass by the green circuits that feed the RCUs.
IT seemed that a lot of factories were inactive a lot of the time. Probably the use of mixed trains reduces their throughput and they can't move e.g. the green circuits fast enough? Did you consider using multiple trains for a line (e.g. iron/copper below the green line, circuits pickup above it), even at the cost of beacon efficiency?

Stevetrov
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Stevetrov »

vanatteveldt wrote:Very interesting idea!

In the beginning of the 'tour' you pass by the green circuits that feed the RCUs.
IT seemed that a lot of factories were inactive a lot of the time. Probably the use of mixed trains reduces their throughput and they can't move e.g. the green circuits fast enough? Did you consider using multiple trains for a line (e.g. iron/copper below the green line, circuits pickup above it), even at the cost of beacon efficiency?
Well spotted, that's because the second lot of green circuit assemblers are only needed a small amount of the time. Basically the ratios are a bit off but it wasn't easy to fix so I left it like that.

And there are 2-3 trains per line but the third seems redundant.

I am now building an even bigger base with bigger trains, more beacons and even more rpm. The design is quite different because I couldn't get this design to scale up as much as needed.

Return to “Medium/Big/Gigantic Sized Structures”