My personal best factory

Clever and beautiful constructions, bigger than two chunks
- Defense: killing biters as an art
- Castles, Throne Rooms, Decorations (comfortable living in the Factorio World)
- Main Bus Concepts
- Modular Systems, Factory Streets, show how all works together
- Megabases
Please provide us with blueprints or saves, if that makes sense of course.
Forum rules
Clever and beautiful constructions, bigger than two chunks
Kelderek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

My personal best factory

Post by Kelderek »

I've been playing this game since 2013 and I have always wanted to build bigger and better than I had in the past. Here's my latest factory and it is easily the largest I have managed to build. I have 57 hours on this map alone which I started as a scenario from the map editor back in 0.12 (I find the early game to be a bit tedious after doing it so many times I usually just make a scenario now to jump start a bit).

http://imgur.com/a/uMrm5

I am using RSO, Agnel's infinite ores and ScoreExtended mods. I have 27 trains and an equal number of outpost stops which include a number of stations to deliver supplies to my front line defenses (all laser turrets, walls, and construction bots to repair and rebuild as necessary).

As much fun as this factory has been I think I will set it aside and start a fresh 0.13 factory in freeplay now that there are achievements in the game

Amegatron
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: My personal best factory

Post by Amegatron »

Looks very nice. I also wanted to make my base with lots of trains, but I started my first map in vanilla Factorio, so I managed to launch the rocket with only 2-3 trains :) After that I was attracted by combinators and started experimenting with them ) I'll start new game when 0.13 becomes stable enough. As I understood correctly, RSO is not needed anymore in 0.13?

Kelderek
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: My personal best factory

Post by Kelderek »

Amegatron wrote:Looks very nice. I also wanted to make my base with lots of trains, but I started my first map in vanilla Factorio, so I managed to launch the rocket with only 2-3 trains :) After that I was attracted by combinators and started experimenting with them ) I'll start new game when 0.13 becomes stable enough. As I understood correctly, RSO is not needed anymore in 0.13?
I'm not sure about RSO and 0.13, like I said, I started this save in 0.12 and haven't done a fresh map yet.

Return to “Medium/Big/Gigantic Sized Structures”