Eco Megabase, 640SPM, only belts, All normal.

Clever and beautiful constructions, bigger than two chunks
- Defense: killing biters as an art
- Castles, Throne Rooms, Decorations (comfortable living in the Factorio World)
- Main Bus Concepts
- Modular Systems, Factory Streets, show how all works together
- Megabases
Please provide us with blueprints or saves, if that makes sense of course.
Forum rules
Clever and beautiful constructions, bigger than two chunks
Nomadic Steppe
Inserter
Inserter

Eco Megabase, 640SPM, only belts, All normal.

Post by Nomadic Steppe »

Hello, my English is not very good but I will try to be clear, I present my mega base of 640 SPM, 170 hours, with special rules.

1. All the resource options in normal.
2. No bots, only belts and trains
3. With enemies and trying to reduce pollution as much as possible.
4. Never lose anything in battle
5. Avoid, as much as possible, destroying forests and lakes. :roll:

I wanted to achieve 1000 SPM, but even though my base has still can grow I'm bored of fighting and I will stop improving my base.

seed

Code: Select all

>>>eNpjYBBgkGNgZGBh5mFJzk/MYWZm5krOLyhILdLNL0oF8jiTi0pT
UnXzM0FSbCmpxalFJUAWS0ommOZKzUvNrdRNSiwGKWZNL0osLmZhYeb
ILMrPg5rAUpyYlwKSLC7JzwOrKilKTQWqYuIuLUrMyyzNhSpkYHzU/m
ZdQ4scAwj/r2cw+P8fhIGsCwwMYAwEQGVAARhgTc7JTEtjYFBwBGFGR
sZqkXXuD6um2DNC5PUcoIwPUJGI3VCRB61QRsRqKKPjMJThMB/GqIcx
+h0YjcHgsz2CAbGrBGgy1BIOBwQDItkCkmRk7H27dcH3YxfsGP+s/Hj
JNynBnjFTNtRXoPS9HVCSHaiBkQlOzJoJAjthPmCAmfnAHip1057x7B
kQeGPPyArSIQIiHCyAxAFvYPAI8AFZC3qAhIIMA8xpdjBjRBwY08DgG
8wnj2GMy/bo/lBxYLQBGS4HIk6ACLCFcJcxQpmRDhAJSYQsUKsRA7L1
KQjPnYTZeBjJajQ3qMDcYOKAxQtoIipIAc8FsicFTrxghjsCGIIX2GE
8YNwyMyDAB/u9ZZZRAM15k6g=<<<
The general image of my map

Although I have all my base with -80% of electrical consumption so many factories together generate enough pollution

Approximately 640 to 670 SPM

Purple, gray and blue science factories

white science

Red and blue chip factories

ovens

oil

Energy

The base has almost 50k solar panels and 41k of accumulators, but the base also has 1.2gw of nuclear energy, and in my plans I wanted to triple the nuclear energy, going from 240 turbines to more than 700.

battle

Another rule was to prevent enemies from destroying anything in the base.

This made everything more difficult, clean and defend everything was complex without losing anything in the process.

my goal was to achieve 1k SPM but now I'm tired and I think I'll wait for the next big patch, 17.xx :? a medium base greenpeace, but having the map options in normal with enemies, I have to travel further and further to obtain resources.

If someone knows how to put the hidden images, please could you explain to me how, because I could not.
Last edited by Nomadic Steppe on Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Engimage
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Megabase, 640SPM, only belts, All normal.

Post by Engimage »

Just use the

[spoiler=Name of picture][img][/img][/spoiler]
to hide images

Nomadic Steppe
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Nomadic Steppe »

Images of the base every 10 hours of play
frist 80 hours
80 hour to 160 hour

Nomadic Steppe
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Nomadic Steppe »

PacifyerGrey wrote:Just use the

[spoiler=Name of picture][img][/img][/spoiler]
to hide images
Thx

ignatio
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Eco Megabase, 640SPM, only belts, All normal.

Post by ignatio »

Nomadic Steppe wrote:I'm bored of fighting and I will stop improving my base.
Use artillery? Once you have overlapping artillery ranges along the perimeter you'll hardly see a biter again. Just plomp them out, ensure they're defended and supplied with shells, and just sit back until the area is clean. Rinse and repeat.

herkalurk
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by herkalurk »

ignatio wrote:
Use artillery? Once you have overlapping artillery ranges along the perimeter you'll hardly see a biter again. Just plomp them out, ensure they're defended and supplied with shells, and just sit back until the area is clean. Rinse and repeat.
If he's only using belt, that's a lot of shells to reach all around the base. It's one of the main reasons I love bots. Also, one things I did to keep biters back was create an artillery train. I have it visit 5 different outposts and sit for 90 seconds to see if something new is in range. It eventually comes back home to refill shells and fuel.

herkalurk
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by herkalurk »

Nomadic Steppe wrote:Hello, my English is not very good but I will try to be clear, I present my mega base of 640 SPM, 170 hours, with special rules.

I wanted to achieve 1000 SPM, but even though my base has still can grow I'm bored of fighting and I will stop improving my base.

seed

SNIPPED

This made everything more difficult, clean and defend everything was complex without losing anything in the process.

my goal was to achieve 1k SPM but now I'm tired and I think I'll wait for the next big patch, 17.xx :? a medium base greenpeace, but having the map options in normal with enemies, I have to travel further and further to obtain resources.

If someone knows how to put the hidden images, please could you explain to me how, because I could not.
Did you use any mods? Also, can you upload a save file for others to take a deep dive into things? I'm interested to see how you did somethings and screenshots cannot do justice to the amount of work you've put into this save.

Nomadic Steppe
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Nomadic Steppe »

ignatio wrote:
Sorry not to answer, I have not entered the forums since I posted the post originally.

I am a bit confused, I do not remember the version where the artillery was launched, I remember investigating its improvements, but I do not remember that I used it.

It seems like a good idea, but what about the costs? I remember that every shot is quite expensive and the problem is not to defend my territory, the problem is to conquer new territory and for that, I would need a lot of ammunition

Nomadic Steppe
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Nomadic Steppe »

herkalurk wrote:
Nomadic Steppe wrote:Hello, my English is not very good but I will try to be clear, I present my mega base of 640 SPM, 170 hours, with special rules.

seed

SNIPPED

Did you use any mods? Also, can you upload a save file for others to take a deep dive into things? I'm interested to see how you did somethings and screenshots cannot do justice to the amount of work you've put into this save.
Sorry not to answer, I have not entered the forums since I posted the post originally.

I only use factorio vanilla, no mod, you can ask me for any detail of the base, I currently feel bad for stopping to improve my base, since my goal was always to reach 1000spm and that is why many areas had room to be improved and expanded , and others were already generating overproduction for the future.

for example, the ovens area of the img, was generating much overproduction and also has room to be expanded another 33%, below that area has room to duplicate the production of red chips and on your right, everything was ready to produce plastic for much more than 1200spm

Aeternus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Aeternus »

Costs are okayish. A radar, a few steel, a lot of explosives (coal and petrol). The production time is quite long however. To clear an area, I'd recommend using a 2 to 4 wagon artillery train - those take 100 shells per wagon, which takes a LONG time to reload unless you massproduce shells. But it does eat biter bases at an insane rate. Multiple guns are intelligent enough to not attack the same target, or attack something that's already got a shell headed their way.
Just make sure you protect your artillery train, usually anything around attacked buildings heads for the train with a severe case of the munchies. And it's not unusual for a multigun train to attack several biter bases at once. A temporary station with walls, lots of guns and a roboport for autorepairs is almost neccesary.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Once you use artillery for a while the nests near you will be gone leaving only bitters and spitters. So when you expand you can go out till they notice you and then cowardly retreat behind your base defenses luring them to their death. Driving an artillery train to new territory and letting it fire a few shots should attract all aliens in a large radius. Cleaning area for expansion becomes a lot easier.

herkalurk
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by herkalurk »

Aeternus wrote:Costs are okayish. A radar, a few steel, a lot of explosives (coal and petrol). The production time is quite long however. To clear an area, I'd recommend using a 2 to 4 wagon artillery train - those take 100 shells per wagon, which takes a LONG time to reload unless you massproduce shells. But it does eat biter bases at an insane rate. Multiple guns are intelligent enough to not attack the same target, or attack something that's already got a shell headed their way.
Just make sure you protect your artillery train, usually anything around attacked buildings heads for the train with a severe case of the munchies. And it's not unusual for a multigun train to attack several biter bases at once. A temporary station with walls, lots of guns and a roboport for autorepairs is almost neccesary.
My artillery train has only 1 engine and 4 guns. It's a little slower to get up to speed compared to others but works just fine. Once you've done a few loops of the base you won't reload much. I have a train that goes out to 5 outposts and sits for a minute at each to see if anything is in range to fire upon. Once it's back it usually has used less than 10 rounds total.

Rizzano
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Rizzano »

When I see bases like this I feel like such a newb - to me my base is huge enough already, and then I come on here and see this and I feel like my base is minute lol. Nice build.

Nomadic Steppe
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Nomadic Steppe »

Rizzano wrote:When I see bases like this I feel like such a newb - to me my base is huge enough already, and then I come on here and see this and I feel like my base is minute lol. Nice build.
thanks

Return to “Medium/Big/Gigantic Sized Structures”