Red Circuit 2.4k/m

Circuit-free solutions of basic factory-design to achieve optimal item-throughput.
Involving: Belts (balancers, crossings), Inserters, Chests, Furnaces, Assembling Devices ...
Optimized production chains. Compact design.
Please provide blueprints!
Forum rules
Circuit-free solutions of basic factory-design to achieve optimal item-throughput
drizzle
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Red Circuit 2.4k/m

Post by drizzle »

Here's a late game red circuit setup with beacons producing 2.4k/m with 32 assemblers. I learned alot making this hopefully you find it interesting. All red circuit assemblers run continuously and unfortunately they only produce ~41 circuits per second not enough to compress a blue belt. To fully compress a blue belt 4 more red circuit assemblers would be needed and .2 more copper cable assemblers.
redcircuit24k.png
redcircuit24k.png (2.04 MiB) Viewed 14645 times
1 minute production graph:
production1m.png
production1m.png (79.8 KiB) Viewed 14645 times
5 minute production graph:
production5m.png.png
production5m.png.png (93.22 KiB) Viewed 14645 times

Tekillaa
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Red Circuit 2.4k/m

Post by Tekillaa »

Hi,

I got a assembly pretty near from yours, i share you my version to see if we can take good in both (for example, all y your factory got stack inserter, not necessary for that recipe, i use fast inserter and even a yellow inserter for output ^^)

It should be add in the game: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=67650 :)

drizzle
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by drizzle »

Very nice setup! I haven't built at that large of a scale yet. Good point I guess using stack inserters everywhere is overkill :D Looking at your build gave me the idea to put more beacons on the right side to get the extra cable production needed to compress a blue belt without adding more assemblers. Here's a build that fully compresses a blue belt and doesn't use only stack inserters
RCBlueBelt.png
RCBlueBelt.png (1.57 MiB) Viewed 14481 times

Tekillaa
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Tekillaa »

I like what you've done, nice design. Like i said in another post, give something, you get something better in return. ty :)

Serenity
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Serenity »

Like with the green circuit build in the other thread this is also something where tiny details are important to actually achieve the theoretical numbers

I've found that having one continuous copper wire belt is bad. That way cables move constantly, which means sometimes the circuit assemblers will miss one (even if you are overproducing on paper). If you stop the belt after one half it allows the cables to back up a bit, so the inserters get more of them. That moves the numbers closer to the theoretical output of 1200/min for 16 assemblers

Tekillaa
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Tekillaa »

that's what i was tryin to make in my bp, 1 copper for 8 red circuit. it gives the belt saturation you lookin for to make easy the inserter grab and the perfect fluidity for assemblies if it's what you expect. you should take a look on both to improve it as always :D

Return to “Mechanical Throughput Magic (circuit-free)”