Set of 4 Kovarex EP centrifuge blueprint, 2.0!

Circuit-free solutions of basic factory-design to achieve optimal item-throughput.
Involving: Belts (balancers, crossings), Inserters, Chests, Furnaces, Assembling Devices ...
Optimized production chains. Compact design.
Please provide blueprints!
Forum rules
Circuit-free solutions of basic factory-design to achieve optimal item-throughput
Slothomatic
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Set of 4 Kovarex EP centrifuge blueprint, 2.0!

Post by Slothomatic »

This is a redo of my previous design, where i noticed long term problems and have fixed them in this version.

This is a basic, self feeding, enrichment processing area, that solves the problem of uranium 235/238 distribution ratios to centrifuges.
this is a so you can build a set of centrifuges asap, leave it be, and come back to plenty of that sweet sweet green stuff later
it requires 5 filter stack inserters, and a couple other inserters, a fast inserter, red belt, and 4 centrifuges per set.
It can be done without stack inserter bonuses, but works just fine with full inserter bonuses. So Research shouldnt be a road block.

The Uranium 238 is on a looping belt and buffer chest that you can fill to ensure that there is always enough to go around
The Uranium 235 though, is removed from each centrifuge by 5 filter stack inserters onto belts, by doing this, it splits the 41 U-235's into 5 parts and by placing a basic inserter on the same red belt tile as one of the filter stack inserters it makes it so theres only a tiny amount of time for it to detect and react to there being resources on that tile. this, in conjunction with the slowness of the basic inserter, and the crucial factor of OVERRIDING THE STACK SIZE TO 1 ITEM. it only has time to grab 1 piece of U-235. which is then belted down to feed the next Centrifuge in line.

The 2nd centrifuge then requires 2 basic inserters (with a OverRiding stack size of 1) grabbing off the line to ensure that it only ever has 40 U-235 in its loop
The 3 Centrifuge in line then requires 3 basic inserters (with a OverRiding stack size of 1)
the 4th (and last) centrifuge uses 1 fast inserter (with a OverRiding stack size of 2) to dispense 4 U-235's into a chest or another set of 4 centrifuges to repeat the process
the pattern can in theory, go on, but i figured a repeatable set of 4 centrifuges is a good starting size.

Enjoy!!
Attachments
new nuc.PNG
new nuc.PNG (455.87 KiB) Viewed 4512 times

Adeon Hawkwood
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Set of 4 Kovarex EP centrifuge blueprint, 2.0!

Post by Adeon Hawkwood »

Neat approach. One question, for the second and third centrifuge, could you use a single standard inserter with a stack size of 2/3 instead of multiple inserters (assuming you have the appropriate research of course)?

Slothomatic
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Slothomatic »

Thank you!
And yes you are correct, it can very likely be simplified further or done with less inserters. But for this rendition of things, i wanted it to be barred by as little research as possible.
But perhaps i should make multiple designs for various progressions in the game.
Thank you for your input!

Slothomatic
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Slothomatic »

Heres a upgraded version!!

Ok so this is the fully upgraded and beaconed setup for the Kovarex Enrichment Process (KEP) complete with substations, blue belts, and using full research bonuses for stack inserters
With tier 3 speed modules on everything, it runs at 550% speed.
Important notes:
No touchie! Put exactly 40 U-235’s in the first centrifuge, ensure you have a steady and buffered supply of U-238 and then leave it be! Manually adding resources to the machines messes with the timing and output ratios of the next centrifuge in line.
I only made the latest design 3 centrifuges long because, the excess resource outputs of each machine go up in increments of 1. The problem is, that machines 3, 6, & 7 in a larger blueprint are not able to go into 40 equally. Which is the number of U-235’s required in each machine cycle. This causes long term buildup and just generally throws off the timing of everything.
It is a repeatable blueprint, you just have to prime the first one in line and then walk away.
Attachments
newnewnewn nuc.PNG
newnewnewn nuc.PNG (407.32 KiB) Viewed 4305 times

Return to “Mechanical Throughput Magic (circuit-free)”