Adv. circuit "sphere"

Circuit-free solutions of basic factory-design to achieve optimal item-throughput.
Involving: Belts (balancers, crossings), Inserters, Chests, Furnaces, Assembling Devices ...
Optimized production chains. Compact design.
Please provide blueprints!
Forum rules
Circuit-free solutions of basic factory-design to achieve optimal item-throughput
MBas
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Adv. circuit "sphere"

Post by MBas »

STATS:
Production = 5.88 advanced circuits / sec
Energy consumption = 26.254 MW

Fully supported with Productivity module 3

Note: Copper cable assembly produces 98.82 % of advanced circuits assembly requirements, hence final production is calculated in order to copper cable assembly speed.
Attachments
redfactory.png
redfactory.png (1.72 MiB) Viewed 15484 times

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Adv. circuit "sphere"

Post by mrvn »

What is the point of looping the advanced circuits?

MBas
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MBas »

mrvn wrote:What is the point of looping the advanced circuits?
I use this kind of output quite plenty. There is no harm on funcionality and it works as illustrative indicator of processing. The measure of "red" on the belt indicates how much is it going. There are dozens of better checks, however this one is just comfortable for me.

huliosh
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by huliosh »

how copper cable production can keep up with so many boosted advanced circuits? Copper cable assembler has 4 affected beacons, but advanced circuits has dozens. 4 vs 5-6? Also It looks nice, but I think that 1 express belt input for 1 copper cable with 200% is more than enough.

Xeanoa
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Xeanoa »

huliosh wrote:how copper cable production can keep up with so many boosted advanced circuits? Copper cable assembler has 4 affected beacons, but advanced circuits has dozens. 4 vs 5-6? Also It looks nice, but I think that 1 express belt input for 1 copper cable with 400% is more than enough.
If you look at the bottom, you see there is only one belt of copper coming in. The splitting is just to load more efficiently.
Last edited by Xeanoa on Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

huliosh
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by huliosh »

Xeanoa wrote:
huliosh wrote:how copper cable production can keep up with so many boosted advanced circuits? Copper cable assembler has 4 affected beacons, but advanced circuits has dozens. 4 vs 5-6? Also It looks nice, but I think that 1 express belt input for 1 copper cable with 400% is more than enough.
If you look at the bottom, you see there is only one belt of copper coming in. The splitting is just to load more efficiently.
I see, thanks for feedback.
It gives an advantage, but only 2 belts vs 1 belt. More than 2 is an overkill. 317 per min vs 360 per min. But if you change to stack inserter instead of fast inserter for 1 belt, than you gonna get 360.0 vs 360.8 with 2 fast inserters and 2 belts. 2 fast inserters from the same belt has no difference as well.

MBas
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MBas »

I must say that only one reason for 4 inserters is just becouse it looks nice :D (well, maybe not so becouse its not fully symetric). However i dont like using stack inserters for fast operations between machines and belts (i use it for machine-machine tranports only). Stack inserters remains freezed on waiting for fully grabed on belts which may cause some delay...

BTW, in question of the optimalization... Cable assembly machine is boosted by 4 beacons and has 4 productivity modules so we have

speed = 100% + 4×50% - 4×15% = 240%
productivity = 140 %

cables per sec = 4 × 1.4 × 2.4 × 1.25 =
and we have 8 advanced circuit assembly machines supported by 6 beacons

speed = 100% + 6×50% - 4×15% = 340%

cables consumption per sec = 4/8 × 3.4 × 1.25 × 8 =
So we have almost the same numbers. As i mentioned, cables assembly produces 16.8/17 = 98.8% of requested amount.

huliosh
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by huliosh »

MBas wrote:I must say that only one reason for 4 inserters is just becouse it looks nice :D (well, maybe not so becouse its not fully symetric). However i dont like using stack inserters for fast operations between machines and belts (i use it for machine-machine tranports only). Stack inserters remains freezed on waiting for fully grabed on belts which may cause some delay...

BTW, in question of the optimalization... Cable assembly machine is boosted by 4 beacons and has 4 productivity modules so we have

speed = 100% + 4×50% - 4×15% = 240%
productivity = 140 %

cables per sec = 4 × 1.4 × 2.4 × 1.25 =
and we have 8 advanced circuit assembly machines supported by 6 beacons

speed = 100% + 6×50% - 4×15% = 340%

cables consumption per sec = 4/8 × 3.4 × 1.25 × 8 =
So we have almost the same numbers. As i mentioned, cables assembly produces 16.8/17 = 98.8% of requested amount.
Got it, thank you!
Here is the optimized version of it:
8gon_adv_circ2.gif
8gon_adv_circ2.gif (4.36 MiB) Viewed 15326 times
Blueprint string
Same production output.
Yellow belt can deliver 800 items per min, copper consumption is less than 400. So you can deliver 1 side of the belt.

MBas
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MBas »

huliosh wrote:[Got it, thank you!...
Wow, thank you for your update. This is probably better. It even looks better.

BTW, i also have a ...
Mid-game version
of the advanced circuit generator without modules. Its very fit for green research when you need one red circuit and no extra green for one science pack 2.

STATS:

production = 1 advanced circuit per second × speed of assembly machine

which is exactly the amount needed for 12 assambly machines for science packs 2.
Attachments
redmid.png
redmid.png (1.36 MiB) Viewed 15306 times

huliosh
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by huliosh »

It looks very attractive.
I was trying to get rid from sub-ingredients as well. At the end I've managed to place on the belt only iron, copper and plastic. Here:
8gon_loop.gif
8gon_loop.gif (3.8 MiB) Viewed 15250 times
I like how synchronized those builds work. Your build inspired me to make looped version.
Blueprint string
Last edited by huliosh on Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:11 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Jackalope_Gaming
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Jackalope_Gaming »

You can get more out of the circuit and cable assemblers while using productivity modules.

Assuming productivity 3 modules, that means you produce 40% more copper cable and green circuits, which means you can feed 40% more red circuit assemblers. 1.4 * 8 = 11.2, so you can feed 11 red circuit assemblers with 1 copper cable assembler and 1 green circuit assembler. And since 1 copper cable assembler with full productivity 3 can almost perfectly produce for 1 green circuit assembler with full productivity 3, you end up with 14 total assemblers: 2 copper cable assemblers, 1 green circuit assembler, and 11 red circuit assemblers.

A bot-based version of that would look something like this:

I haven't worked on a belt version yet. Perhaps the sphere design would work?

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

In the sphere version the adv. circuit loop is nearly full. At first glance I wouldn't be able to tell if the belt is blocking the last assembler or not.

But if you add one extra transport belt after the splitter to make a T-junction so that the adv. circuits are placed on the other side of the belt that would be avoided. Plus you get two sided output.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Jackielope wrote:You can get more out of the circuit and cable assemblers while using productivity modules.

Assuming productivity 3 modules, that means you produce 40% more copper cable and green circuits, which means you can feed 40% more red circuit assemblers. 1.4 * 8 = 11.2, so you can feed 11 red circuit assemblers with 1 copper cable assembler and 1 green circuit assembler. And since 1 copper cable assembler with full productivity 3 can almost perfectly produce for 1 green circuit assembler with full productivity 3, you end up with 14 total assemblers: 2 copper cable assemblers, 1 green circuit assembler, and 11 red circuit assemblers.

A bot-based version of that would look something like this:

I haven't worked on a belt version yet. Perhaps the sphere design would work?
If you use bots can't you surround each assembler with beacons even more?

Blurb
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Blurb »

MBas wrote:
mrvn wrote:What is the point of looping the advanced circuits?
I use this kind of output quite plenty. There is no harm on funcionality and it works as illustrative indicator of processing. The measure of "red" on the belt indicates how much is it going. There are dozens of better checks, however this one is just comfortable for me.
It's not entirely correct that functionality is unharmed, as an internal loop effectively cuts belt throughput in half.

Closely examine this previously posted build:
8gon_adv_circ2.gif
8gon_adv_circ2.gif (4.36 MiB) Viewed 14623 times
Note that the output of Adv. circuits is travelling on a looped red belt, which is divided in two by a red splitter.
Considering that a single yellow belt lane can transport 400 items/min (compared to the setup's output of 352 items/min), downgrading to a yellow belt would make the setup marginally cheaper.
However, if you were to actually try it out, you'd see that the actual production would drop to 200 items/min, as the splitter bottlenecks the output.
One lane is split into two, of which only one leads "out" of the production area. What it means is that the actual output is capped at a maximum of half a lane's throughput.

Arguably, the price difference is not particularly relevant in this case, given that level three modules are used liberally - in this specific case, the problem can be fixed entirely by the addition of one belt piece!
In other cases, the lower build cost might be more attractive, and if you truly want to minmax, then said internal loops are indeed harmful.

Return to “Mechanical Throughput Magic (circuit-free)”