Very early r/g science factories

Circuit-free solutions of basic factory-design to achieve optimal item-throughput.
Involving: Belts (balancers, crossings), Inserters, Chests, Furnaces, Assembling Devices ...
Optimized production chains. Compact design.
Please provide blueprints!
Forum rules
Circuit-free solutions of basic factory-design to achieve optimal item-throughput
huliosh
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Very early r/g science factories

Post by huliosh »

vanatteveldt wrote:
huliosh wrote:more compact and balanced
Why the long-handed inserters where normal inserters would work as well? Also, for 6 science assemblers, do you actually need the extra gear+cable?
i had 2 belts from 1 side, you can place in line and use normal inserters from the other side, but it's just the way it is in this particular example. At belt production output it's just for better looks, I prefer straight lines. For science assemblers probably not needed so much, but for sake of proportions, I would better maximize the efficiency and block the overproduction.

vanatteveldt
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vanatteveldt »

I meant the one between the cable and green plants. You can probably get away with a yellow inserter there, but the long handed one surprised me.

Also, doesn't the lower gear plant need an extra blue inserter to get enough plates input?

huliosh
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by huliosh »

vanatteveldt wrote:I meant the one between the cable and green plants. You can probably get away with a yellow inserter there, but the long handed one surprised me.

Also, doesn't the lower gear plant need an extra blue inserter to get enough plates input?
Well there is an explanation actually.

1 copper needs every 0.5 sec to make 2 cables.
Red inserter can turn around 1.1-1.2 per sec, yellow can turn 0.83-0.84 roughly.
1 sec / 0.5 sec * 2 cables = 4 cables/sec * 0.5 assembler speed = 2 cables/sec. It could maximize the output with bonus stack +1. 1.1 *2 = 2.2 items per sec, 0.84*2=1.68 could block the max output.
Same with gears, but backwards. Instead of producing 2 items/sec, you need to consume.

But you are right, without bonus you gonna need those extra inserters. Consumption is 2*0.75=3 plates/sec. Fast inserter (2.3) + yellow (0.83) is enough to maximize consumption.

Zerias
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Zerias »

Ladies and gentlemen, a pair of science modules for you, fairly easily attached to a bus. [My first time posting images/spoiler tags on this forum, don't hesitate to tell me if something breaks.]
Red Science Blueprint
Green Science Blueprint
[Edited to correct Red science image]

Dry Hairy Tree
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Dry Hairy Tree »

This is VERY early. It's how I blow through red science while supplying a few crucial early ingredients e.g. circuits, gears and belts.

How it works.

I go for 6 burner miners on iron, 3 on copper, 2 on stone, 4 on coal to start off. Gives me lots of resources for putting in power/first lab and cueing stuff I want.

The first lab goes down and crafted science packs for automation are placed in it. Then craft stuff for this:

20 inserters (plus one long inserter), 5 boxes, power poles, belt, a spare lab - or three? Whatever else you can make in time eg mining drills etc for expanding into electric. As soon as automation is done make seven assemblers. Build this and dump plates into iron/copper boxes.

I'll tear this down later but for very early game it's nice to have, especially if I need a few military techs fast.
Early Factory.png
Early Factory.png (1.04 MiB) Viewed 2757 times

Return to “Mechanical Throughput Magic (circuit-free)”