Compact (?) 40/s Green Circuits with Prod. Modules

Circuit-free solutions of basic factory-design to achieve optimal item-throughput.
Involving: Belts (balancers, crossings), Inserters, Chests, Furnaces, Assembling Devices ...
Optimized production chains. Compact design.
Please provide blueprints!
Forum rules
Circuit-free solutions of basic factory-design to achieve optimal item-throughput
Killkrog
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Compact (?) 40/s Green Circuits with Prod. Modules

Post by Killkrog »

Here is my belt based solution to create a compressed blue belt of Electronic Circuits.
I use productivity modules 3 in this setup.
It creates 40/s Electronic Circuits out of 28.571/s Iron Plates and 30.612/s Copper Plates.
Any thoughts? Improvements?

Cheers =)
KBM String
Attachments
Green_Chip.png
Green_Chip.png (1.47 MiB) Viewed 6803 times

thatguy321
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Compact (?) 40/s Green Circuits with Prod. Modules

Post by thatguy321 »

That's awesome!! So compact!

Would you explain why you have two fast inserters and one stack inserter going from the copper wire into the green circuit assembler? I can't figure out the reason for this? As opposed to all the same kind?
"I have come here to smelt iron ore and kick biter ass.....and I'm all out of iron ore." -me

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

Your belts take up a lot of space making it less space efficient than it could be.
I've been using this setup since 0.13 gave us stack inserter.
A 48 assembler setup fills 4 compressed blue belts ~9.7k/m
2016-08-12-18-28-08-3143554.jpg
2016-08-12-18-28-08-3143554.jpg (636.97 KiB) Viewed 6689 times
BpString

siggboy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by siggboy »

DaveMcW has posted an optimal setup here: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=30332&start=10#p192129

It uses underground belt weaving cheese (sadly), but otherwise it's pretty close to optimal as far as I can tell.
Is your railroad worrying you? Doctor T-Junction recommends: Smart, dynamic train deliveries with combinator Magick

hi_impact
Inserter
Inserter

Post by hi_impact »

I use this build from BlakeMW.

It doesn't output exactly a blue belt, but you can toss in another partially beaconed EC factory on the end to cap it out for express.

I think his build aims for compactness, so it doesn't have as much inserter coverage as yours, so it uses bots to move copper cable short range.
Attachments
gc.jpg
gc.jpg (89.25 KiB) Viewed 6222 times

Case
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Case »

Hey mates..

After doing a bit factorio math I came up with this thing here. The screen shot shows a bot delivery configuration - though, but it is easily adjustable to be belt feeded. Just route the iron through the top green circuit line and feed the copper from the bottom. I use this setup in a column so multiple of this beside each other.

The numbers:
coper cable:
speed: 9.625 and 20% productivity
item/min: 2772 = (9.625 * 2 * 1.2 * 60)/0.5

electronic circuit:
speed: 8 and 40% productivity
item/min: 1344 = (8 * 1.4 * 60)/0.5
needed coper cable: 2880 = (8 * 60 * 3)/0.5

copper cable difference: -108/min or -1.8/sec - If you can live with this offset the shown setup is quite good
For the output you get 1/2 of a blue belt so 2 of these can provide a complete compressed blue belt

The inserters are placed with max stack bonus - and can deliver the needed material (not sure if +2 stack bonus would be enough - never tested this)
I don't think there is "the" solution for anything in factorio, sometimes you need something different and its nice to have a library of solutions.

Take Care

Return to “Mechanical Throughput Magic (circuit-free)”