Yet another green cells build :)

Circuit-free solutions of basic factory-design to achieve optimal item-throughput.
Involving: Belts (balancers, crossings), Inserters, Chests, Furnaces, Assembling Devices ...
Optimized production chains. Compact design.
Please provide blueprints!
Forum rules
Circuit-free solutions of basic factory-design to achieve optimal item-throughput
Deadly-Bagel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Yet another green cells build :)

Post by Deadly-Bagel »

I find that strictly controlling the amount of resources going into Electronic Circuits helps me keep plate production at the right ratios. For a typical factory I'll have 4 belts of Iron and Copper, I can send 2 iron belts and 3 copper belts directly into circuits, the rest of the factory generally doesn't use more than what's left.

And you're using almost twice as much cargo space shipping Iron and Copper (assuming 40% productivity) instead of Electronic Circuits. Maybe you save a bit of room without extra unloading, but most recipes don't use both Copper and Circuits. Solar Panels and Beacons are the main two that use both directly, there's also Combinators and the Programmable Speaker but you'd usually just handcraft these when needed. Both are used in different Science Packs which must be used together so this is the third exception if all your science is produced in the same place.
Money might be the root of all evil, but ignorance is the heart.

Movingmike
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Movingmike »

Aeternus wrote:With these fast-production half fabricates, I favor slamming in 4 production modules in a tier 3 assembler on both ends. This brings the ratio to almost 1:1 - you get 2.8 copper wire per second, but consume 3 in the green assembler. I find that acceptable. It cuts back heavily on copper usage at the cost of power and some speed. Beaconizing it is possible but to be honest? A liability because even at 0.5 crafting time you're at one item per second.

Units like that I add locally wherever green modules are needed, I rarely ship them anywhere (my structure factory being the only exception). Add copper and iron instead.

Simple works! :)

[Edit] Zyt, isn't that amount of belting kinda slowing your UPS to a crawl? It did in my case...
well the game was unplayable so i decided to buy new hardware.
I use the i5 8600k with a z370 chipset mainboard and gskill ram rgb 4133 cl 17. i overclocked the cpu to 5400mhz. with this hardware i raised my fps/ups from 10 to 50ups on this map. oh lol just realized u arent talking to me
Last edited by Movingmike on Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

LazyLoneLion
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by LazyLoneLion »

Please, hide that ultra-big image into spoiler (with a warning!)

Movingmike
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Movingmike »

Attachments
grreeeen.JPG
grreeeen.JPG (217.85 KiB) Viewed 2839 times

Return to “Mechanical Throughput Magic (circuit-free)”