Robot Production

Circuit-free solutions of basic factory-design to achieve optimal item-throughput.
Involving: Belts (balancers, crossings), Inserters, Chests, Furnaces, Assembling Devices ...
Optimized production chains. Compact design.
Please provide blueprints!
Forum rules
Circuit-free solutions of basic factory-design to achieve optimal item-throughput
Hindenobyl
Inserter
Inserter

Robot Production

Post by Hindenobyl »

I haven't seen very many robot builds on here, so I thought I'd share mine. If you can figure a way to make it even more compact, I'll all ears.
Attachments
MRP.PNG
MRP.PNG (1.6 MiB) Viewed 23604 times

Bocator
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Robot Production

Post by Bocator »

I pretty much used the same setup while playing with a friend some weeks ago, I just used one machine for logistic/construction robot since crafting time is only 0.5s.
Don't mind the extra 2 engine / 1 eletric engine machines, theyr're not for robot frames.
1:1:1 ratio is good for engine/electric engine/robot frame.
robots.png
robots.png (3.47 MiB) Viewed 23593 times
Hundreds hours of Factorio experience

Hindenobyl
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Hindenobyl »

I combined the two ideas into one. I used combinators to keep my 3:1 logistic robot to construction robot ratio and used your set up to produce engines when I have my robot quota. The robot production takes the same amount of space, but I end up not needing an additional engine production line and saves me 5 assembly machines in total, so I'm happy with that. Thanks for the ideas :-)
Attachments
new robot.PNG
new robot.PNG (1.68 MiB) Viewed 23288 times

MrDrummer
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MrDrummer »

I use a fairly stackable design, as I am a fast-production builder. The screenshots say it all...
(I will make a separate post with my entire factory when it is at a satisfactory standard)
Hint
Alt: Click me
The engine facility zoomed out. (notice I have a small set-up nearby for basic engine storage for trains etc)
I am fairly happy with how well I can compact various production lines.
(Here i have used modded inserters, but at the end of the post I show an alternative way.

Technically I only need half of the robot frame assemblers to match the engine production speed.

Overview of the entire set-up. Not much more to say.

A look at the robot frame production up close, and the logistic robot's private advanced circuit production line.

Whoops
Note: I am using a modpack which includes extra long inserters, which span +1 from the normal long inserters.

To overcome this issue if you do not have access to these handy fellas, I would have a 3 square gap between the two tier engines, sort of like this:
All you do is increase the gap between the two rows of engine assemblers by one, and have the 3rd resource line running through it.

Just thought I'd post my setup to hopefully spark some more compact designs. (I have kept certain items hogging one full belt due to throughput and the length of my tile-able design)

Hindenobyl
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Hindenobyl »

This is my hopefully not the final version, as I've been having a lot of fun tinkering with this thing. I gave it its own red circuit production and stuck box production in, mainly to keep the general rectangular shape. The various combinators make sure that logistic robots get priority of red circuits over boxes.
Attachments
As the belts are far more confusing than the original design, I added arrows for clarity.  Blue is the path of steel, green is the path of green circuits, and yellow is the path of the robot frames.  I hope the rest is fairly clear on what item is going where.
As the belts are far more confusing than the original design, I added arrows for clarity. Blue is the path of steel, green is the path of green circuits, and yellow is the path of the robot frames. I hope the rest is fairly clear on what item is going where.
Robot Arrows.png (2.97 MiB) Viewed 22760 times

polipo0315
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by polipo0315 »

Is there a blueprint?

zOldBulldog
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by zOldBulldog »

There are some bot auto-deploy designs out there. If you add the feature to your design, it will become build and forget.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

A lich king appears and throws a burning smart-chest at each of you, mutterinig "This is my graveyard!".
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

plepper1
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by plepper1 »

Mine's pretty simplistic, but works off a bus without too much hassle.
robots.png
robots.png (1.08 MiB) Viewed 6716 times

Return to “Mechanical Throughput Magic (circuit-free)”