4 belts beaconed smelter row

Circuit-free solutions of basic factory-design to achieve optimal item-throughput.
Involving: Belts (balancers, crossings), Inserters, Chests, Furnaces, Assembling Devices ...
Optimized production chains. Compact design.
Please provide blueprints!
Forum rules
Circuit-free solutions of basic factory-design to achieve optimal item-throughput
Bauer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: 4 belts beaconed smelter row

Post by Bauer »

Correct. However, they will not be mixed (which doesn't matter if the output type is all the same) and if the outputs aren't fully used, it will draw also the imputs differently. Hence, I suggest to balance the input side of the setup, i.e. between the ore station and the smelter.

khusboosharma
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by khusboosharma »

i tested it. Removing of 2 furnace is to much as the third last one does never runs full then (and i assume it is not 100% hit by coincidence). But with removing the last one and setting an extra beacon with two speed modules, the second last one runs full. I will go with this but i will not publish a blueprint as it is just a small improvement to yours and you may want to update yours.

ranzolger
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ranzolger »

To advertise myself:

The Smelter

Pictures and throughput informations are provided. I have to admit i was inspired to create this by this post ;-)

The factory must grow...

KAA
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by KAA »

I think I'll make a refence here to the continuation of this conversation.
There are ready-to-go designs for compressed 4 blue belts of plates and compressed blue belt of steel in this topic:
viewtopic.php?p=541574

Inspired by this topic, so it should be mentioned probably.

Return to “Mechanical Throughput Magic (circuit-free)”